Operation Killie-Fail

blueyes

Thanks Sophia :)

Paige, I think it's more just luck and probably down to the Daltons Aquatic mix, cos I really haven't done much to grow them myself, maybe a wise choice of plants thata grow easily too lol

Well I've done it, I've released them into the wild, they don't seem too bothered by their tankmates, and the guppies don't seem too interested in them, so I guess they should be okay for a short while at least..... the only thing in there big enough to eat them is Horatio Kane the ginormous brown ramshorn or something or other snail......

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Om my gosh, I love these little guys so much..... they are so adorable..... I just went 3 time to turn on my electric blanket and 3 times I got distracted watching them lol :love:

And I'm 99% sure that at least one of them is a male woohoo :bounce:

Lol..... maybe his 4 girlies loved him to death!!!!

Worse mcrudd when he's possibly the only boy of the lot... he was quite a bit bigger than the others so I'm hoping that maybe he was just older and more developed and the others haven't developed into noticable boyhood yet. Otherwise there goes the breeding plans, until we find more.... man this sucks!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news/Bad news

Good news..... I no longer have the issue of guppie overpopulation.....

Bad news..... it would appear that I no longer have any population of clowns.... I'm so devastated

Yesterday morning I fished out several dead guppies, this morning I set up a hospital tank, pull most of the plants out of the killie tank, fish out the live guppies, and I can't find a single clown.... other than a dead one in the plants.

I've just floated all the plants back in the tank just in case theres some killies in them...... but I can't believe that out of 7 I don't have a single one left..... sitting here on the verge of tears.... I've never lost this many fish ever..... I suck at this!!!!! &c:ry

No, theres nowhere for them to go within the lid... even pulled the filter out.... I'm pretty sure they're gone..... I guess if they had died, the snails would have made short work of them.... bit I've seen them over the last few days and they looked fine....

I'm just so gutted.... this sucks so much :tears:

Yeah, I'll probably just pull the tank apart and start again I think, get rid of those snails and wait awhile before I get any more clowns.

I might do some work on the 4ft instead. I dunno... feel a bit disheartened about it all now, but I'm sure I'll get the enthusiasm back eventually.

Just in case it was something that the last 2 killies bought in, keep a close eye on your guys that were in the tank with them Sophia.