Hello from Wanganui

witchdoktor

Hello All,

I am new to NZ, living in Wanganui. Been crazy about fish since I was a kid and plunged into aquascaping 3 years back. Still learning and still feel I am an amateur in aquascaping, and more than happy to learn from other scapers here. Also a member of aquatic plant central. Its only been a week since I arrived to NZ. Planning to get my hobby re-started soon :lol: New to NZ so would like to know where to get tanks, plants, filters, lights, CO2, ferts and fish around Wanganui. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Cheers,

Vivek

Hi and welcome, pretty slim pickings for fish shops and stuff around there unfortunately (I moved from Bulls to Auckland recently) however Simon is in town (no doubt he will get in touch with you at some stage) he is right into his plants and stuff so should be able to sort you out in that regard :)

Hello Simon, I am after a 70-100 ltr tank. Yeah, you are right abt the pet shop (Animania) at Wanganui, nothing much there. I had gone to Animates at Palmi last weekend and chatted up with a guy there. They seem to have quite a lot of stuff esp Eheim filters and plants. But then quite expensive I feel. Also heard about Wet Pets there, but didnt go to the shop. How is that shop? I am just settling down at the moment and planning to start within a months time. Love your blue rams and pearl weed. I had a pair of Bolivian rams. In the beginning they were a happy couple, but then after 2 weeks due to some strange reason, the male started chasing his mate and killed her!!

They seem to have quite a lot of stuff esp Eheim filters and plants.

Chatted with some guy in Animates Palmy, eh? Eheim filters and plants - that was probably our Phoenix44 :wink:

Sounds like our P44 :roll:

Welcome to the Fishroom!