Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How often do you feed your fish?

Featured Replies

Daily here sometimes missing a day here and there to keep them looking and not being lazy, although i think it's more down to what species you keep than a general rule of thumb

  • Author

phew that makes me feel a bit better, i feed mine at least twice a day, every time i go past the come rushing to the top wanting t be fed

a small amount twice a day because I have smallish fish. up to 5 times a day when they have fry.

One day a week I fast them and follow it up with squashed peas.

Bottom dwellers most nights but not every night - probably 5 times a week.

Eel, every 2nd day.

i see some people feed their fish once a week others twice a day.

How often do you feed your fish?

Once a day. Sometimes every second day. Occasionally every 3rd if I can't be bothered or can't remember if I fed them the previous day or not.

Usually once a day, but will go for a few days every so often without feeding. If I have fry then its up to 5 times a day but thats how fry go.

I feed different food everyday so they get some variety.

If I have fry then its up to 5 times a day but thats how fry go.

Same. My baby Bettas and other growing fish get fed way more often than full adults.

I normally feed once a day, with different types of food each day. I fast the fish for a day a week and then feed peas the day after... seems to work for my lot, they all happy and healthy :)

Interesting to see the variety in everyone's feeding schedules, goes to show there is no real tried and true rule... which is probably what the fish are used to in nature... sometimes good eating, sometimes rubbish.

I feed mine twice a day, flakes for breakfast and then frozens for tea.

I also don't feed them on sundays because the internet told me to miss a day.

Mine get fed at least once or twice a day. If I'm sitting by the tank and they swim up to me and happen to look hungry I just put a bit of flake on the surface for them to nibble at. But for main meals they get frozen food (brine shrimp, daphnia etc).

To judge if your feeding your fish enough you should start looking at the shape of your fish, testing for nitrate, and develop an eye for how a healthy tank looks. How often and how much depends on many things as you can see from the variety of reply's so the question on it's own is meaningless.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.