How often do you feed your fish?

Zayne

a small amount twice a day because I have smallish fish. up to 5 times a day when they have fry.

One day a week I fast them and follow it up with squashed peas.

Bottom dwellers most nights but not every night - probably 5 times a week.

Eel, every 2nd day.

i see some people feed their fish once a week others twice a day.

How often do you feed your fish?

Once a day. Sometimes every second day. Occasionally every 3rd if I can't be bothered or can't remember if I fed them the previous day or not.

I normally feed once a day, with different types of food each day. I fast the fish for a day a week and then feed peas the day after... seems to work for my lot, they all happy and healthy :)

Interesting to see the variety in everyone's feeding schedules, goes to show there is no real tried and true rule... which is probably what the fish are used to in nature... sometimes good eating, sometimes rubbish.

Mine get fed at least once or twice a day. If I'm sitting by the tank and they swim up to me and happen to look hungry I just put a bit of flake on the surface for them to nibble at. But for main meals they get frozen food (brine shrimp, daphnia etc).

To judge if your feeding your fish enough you should start looking at the shape of your fish, testing for nitrate, and develop an eye for how a healthy tank looks. How often and how much depends on many things as you can see from the variety of reply's so the question on it's own is meaningless.