March 7, 201115 yr comment_424827 Hey Fish Forums I was thinking of purchasing the Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 20g Kit. Just wanted to know any of your experiences with this product, how long it lasts for etc. Cheers Ron Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424838 What sized tank are you planning on using it for? Are you familiar with the use of CO2 in the aquarium? Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_424849 hi i have a 63 litre tank, and no i am not familiar with the use of CO2. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424863 Don't do it. It costs far too much for what it is. Better off with DIY CO2. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424866 Tell us a bit about your tank and we can then suggest best options for you. CO2 is useless to a fish tank unless all other necessary requirements are met regarding light, nutrients etc. We are here to help Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_424871 Sweet as My tank : Juwel Rekord 600 (63L) - I may get some light reflectors soon I have an airstone running 24/7 Nutrients: My friend may give me some Flourish comprehensive The reason I want pressurised CO2 is that I feel it's more stable and controllable, and flucuates far less. As stability is what I seek. Also I read about fluctuating carbon levels affecting growth What Im hoping to achieve is something like this : Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424872 DIY a tank that small. You won't regret it. The fluval units are good, but price wise it's simply not worth it. Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_424875 i heard DIY has it's risks like Ph drop's etc, I also have a blue ram and they are quite sensitive to water parameters dropping etc . Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424877 Stable KH = stable pH. Use the search function on here. There is a wealth of info that can be applied to your tank. Good luck! Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424911 You have not mentioned the lighting you are using and what sort of plants you are intending on growing. If you choose to use CO2 you are best to turn that airline of during lighting period as it will speed the rate of CO2 loss. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424931 Don't do it. It costs far too much for what it is. Better off with DIY CO2. For $60 odd I think your far better off with the fluval system, DIY is a painful option that IMO only became popular cause pressurized CO2 used to be so expensive. DIY needs constant watching, has inconsistent output, is messy, risky, ugly to look at sitting beside your tank, and if you add up all the bit's you need and consumables will cost you just about as much anyway Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424932 By $60 I assume you mean the initial cost of the Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 20g kit. The cartridges these come with are NOT refillable and must be bought new for $36.00 (3 Pack). Who knows how long they will last but by the time you've gone through 12 refills, you would have spent enough money to buy a sodastream unit, costing roughly $11 for a refill and likely lasting longer. Yes these units appear to be a good price at first, but the refills make it a very expensive way to get CO2 into your tank. Joutei, if your fish are that sensitive don't use CO2. I've never had any issues with my DIY CO2 and you can add a gang valve if you'd like to "switch it off" when the lights aren't on. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_424953 The cartridges these come with are NOT refillable and must be bought new for $36.00 (3 Pack). Or these for $1.50 rather than the fluval ones for $12 each, they're a little smaller but from the looks of it might fit. Still expensive long term. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_437994 Or these for $1.50 rather than the fluval ones for $12 each, they're a little smaller but from the looks of it might fit. Still expensive long term. I would love to know if these fit, anyone tried? Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_437995 i know the 88gm co2 kit should fit the co2 rifle canisters.... but not too sure on the smaller ones they look the sam tho Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.