Flowers :)

Neon

Wow those flowers are awesome!

Interesting... I didn't know that we had that Ranunculus stuff in NZ. Would anyone be able to send me a wee bit please? :)

Joe, its a cold water plant that needs good light. It is more a marginal but will grow submersed for periods of time and is a native of NZ and Australia. Go for a walk around streams and ditches and you will prob find some. It is commonly known as Water Butttercup

I know, hence the name 'Water Buttercup' :) I had a look on the net, and it has such lovely flowers :hail:

Joe, its a cold water plant that needs good light. It is more a marginal but will grow submersed for periods of time and is a native of NZ and Australia. Go for a walk around streams and ditches and you will prob find some. It is commonly known as Water Butttercup

This just occurred to me now; if it's a cold water plant, how is it surviving in Neon's tropical tank? :P Or is it actually a cold water tank, and I just assumed it was tropical?

I know, hence the name 'Water Buttercup' :) I had a look on the net, and it has such lovely flowers :hail:

This just occurred to me now; if it's a cold water plant, how is it surviving in Neon's tropical tank? :P Or is it actually a cold water tank, and I just assumed it was tropical?

It's a cold water pond :D I did try it in my tropical tank but I gave up pretty quickly :lol:

Oh right :)

So stargrass can survive in cold water? I never knew that.

It's summer and in auckland so it's not too cold :D They get lots of light so I imagine that keeps the plants happy.

It's fun chucking plants from my tanks in my ponds and seeing if they survive.

I also have stargrass growing emersed in a pot outside - it's not in the water at all.

See, there are some benefits in living in Auckland :wink: :lol:

(almost makes up for the humidity, the mosquitoes and all the traffic....etc)

There are benefits in terms of climate I think. I grow a lot of plants emersed but in a glasshouse and it is fast coming to the time when they will have to be moved inside as they will not survive outside in an unheated glasshouse this far south in shakyland.

yeah, it's quite nice not having frosts (or only having very light frosts that most people wouldn't call frosts!). The stargrass survived outside all winter.

Hmmm that's given me an idea - maybe I'll try putting some swords outside too.....