Bag of ceramic rings.

P1040025.jpg

The filter itself.

P1040026.jpg

Close up on the top.

P1040029.jpg

Baskets came with wool, nice surprise.

P1040041.jpg

All hooked up after about an hour of mucking around and trying to choose which bits to use and how to use them.

P1040038.jpg

Intake strainer.

P1040035.jpg

Spray bar. Usually I don't use these but I like surface movement, even though it is a planted tank.

P1040032.jpg

Some info about the ceramic rings I found amusing.

P1040045b.jpg

The supplied cat trap worked perfectly too!

The occupants should be in on Friday, looking forward to it!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just over the holidays though, yet to discuss whether there's an opening for me on the weekends yet or not.

Eek the light on my other planted tank stopped working so ALL the plants from there are being moved to this tank. 5 or so crypts, some hairgrass, lots more val and some rotala rotundifolia. It's going to be a mission and a half fitting it all in! :o

Josh, I'll take all fancy plecos you're willing to gift me ofc :wink:

Eek the light on my other planted tank stopped working so ALL the plants from there are being moved to this tank. 5 or so crypts, some hairgrass, lots more val and some rotala rotundifolia. It's going to be a mission and a half fitting it all in!

Your tank isn't even a 1/4 full of plants. You can easily put all those plants and more into it. :smln:

Your tank isn't even a 1/4 full of plants. You can easily put all those plants and more into it. :smln:

I beg to differ o.O At the time the photo was taken at least 1/3, if not more of the floor space was planted (incl. the space need for crypts to grow). Now it's closer to 1/2, I don't like having it fully planted, negative space with hardscape is essential for the fish, remember this is an aquarium not just a planted glass box, to swim.

That's the plan, spread the virus. I saw a lovely planted tank around 900x500x500 a while back that was chocca full of bright orange platies, had that vision ever since. They're really under appreciated fish I think, in large numbers with some of the more colourful strains, they make a really nice effect at a really low cost.

That's the plan, spread the virus. I saw a lovely planted tank around 900x500x500 a while back that was chocca full of bright orange platies, had that vision ever since. They're really under appreciated fish I think, in large numbers with some of the more colourful strains, they make a really nice effect at a really low cost.

i have seen the same, also done with swords, was amazing !drool: