Britstlenoses can talk

mcrudd

well they can deffinitle survive out of the water for 30mins they got some special way of holding oxygen i think

I don't think it's a matter of holding oxygen. Most of the reason fish suffocate out of water is that out of water their gills collapse and all the folds and filaments start to stick together. This hugely cuts down the surface area of the gills. If that didn't happen they'd likely have very little problem breathing air given that they're evolved for water which has a fraction the density of oxygen air does. Probably their gills are just better protected from that, hold water a bit better so their gills don't collapse as much.

Well he won !! :facepalm:

I put the whole ornament and him back in the tank, his breeding partner was looking for him, I could see her looking around for him, did not want her dying of a broken heart so the two are together again and guess where they are hanging out :nilly:

Yip you got it, inside the illegal holes in the ornament :roll:

Hmm.. A song comes to mind.. What were the lyrics again..?? Ahhh yes.. "Let it be, let it be, let it be, oh, let it be.. Whispered words of wisdom, let it be.."

lol.. As long as they're happy.. :kiss:

Well said, I came to that conclusion too, the lovebirds wants to have an illegal little love hole so let it be :love:

Josh they both seems to like this little hole so maybe you can buy one too, I bought mine from Hollywoods :wink:

What is the ornament? haha

LOL its like a lava rock type thingy, I will go through my pics and see if I have a good one of it :)

edited to add

Found a pic, now nobody mock my false plants, I like them :happy2:

tank-2.jpg

editted to add advice

Now the moulding holes are right underneath, mine was like that, and my big boy dig a hole under the gravel, only found it out when I had a gazillion babies around LOL. So perhaps you can leave it at a slight angle so he can discover the hole himself. My boy is about 12cm and fits so your guys will fit too :lol:

edited to add once again

its something like this, mine just does not have trees growing on it

http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/deta ... es/m/1122/

Shhhhh about my leaves, they are growing quite well in the fishy bacterial water :happy2:

edited to add...by the way, bought those leaves from Hollywoods fishfarm in Albany, and they have it in one of their fishtanks too, that is where I got the idea :wink: