I need to become an expert on Apisto. viejita. Help please?

Joe

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today through my LFS. Nice looking fish albeit small. My confirmed male is very stroppy, pushing around fish twice his size!. The other one is smaller and not as bright but I suspect it is a male. Time will tell. Nice fish all the same and worth every cent. LFS even gave me a 10% discount for prompt pickup. :)

Got mine today through my LFS. Nice looking fish albeit small. My confirmed male is very stroppy, pushing around fish twice his size!. The other one is smaller and not as bright but I suspect it is a male. Time will tell. Nice fish all the same and worth every cent. LFS even gave me a 10% discount for prompt pickup. :)

:happy1: well done Dan, all we can do is just wait, c if any winglers come out or not. keep the good wrk up. :nilly:

And I'm still eagerly awaiting the fish...

Jennifer is quite busy; she is away for a week doing something, and Robyn (bdspider) is looking after her fish, so Jennifer can't ship them to me until she gets back.

So sorry guys you'll have to wait longer...

Good :lol: :wink:

Could you try and take photos of them BDSpider? Your photography skills are really good (I saw the thread about your tank with all the photos of it :) )

And while you're at it, could you try and get some pics of Jennifer's Apistogramma agassizii 'Double Red' please? They're the best specimens I've ever seen!

I'm jelous of yours :lol:

I still haven't got mine yet, but Jennifer sent me some pics of my fish so I'll try and post those over the next couple of days.

But your fish look so much nicer than mine :hail: !drool:

That male of yours is stunning !drool: !drool:

Thanks they look great. The bigger male is going to be really nice.

The smaller one looks to have a more oval caudal fin and slightly thicker and darker leading edges on the pelvic fins which is positive.

In the 3rd picture, is the smaller one showing off or did you just happen to snap the shot as it was on a lean? If it is showing off its belly to him then it is most likely a girl.

Looks like the race is on to breed them.

Yay mine arrived today :)

I am a wee bit disappointed with them, because comapred to danval's fish mine aren't that nice. But they're still only little and I've only just got them so hopefully later down the track they'll look something like danval's ones. Even if they don't turn out to be very nice fish, they might breed ones that look much nicer than danval's :P 8)

The tail on the male is quite rounded, instead of being squared at the edges, so I don't think he will end up with the lovely tail filaments. But he has a nice dorsal fin.

I have one definate male, two definate females (I'm pretty sure anyway), and one that may be a male or a female, but looks like it might be a female.