CHICKEN ATTACKED BY DOG

Zayne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the chicken wouldnt be able to get in?

I wouldn't have thought fencing off an area to put the chickens in and the dog outside of would be rocket science. Thank you for correcting me, you've proven that clearly it is.

I doubt the dog would be bringing the chicken inside if it knew it was going to get in trouble, no dog should just kill, attack any other animal. . Once a dog gets a taste for blood, especially chickens she's all on. Possible to correct with good training though.

Otherwise time to separate. Still need to address the dog though, what if its another dog, someones cat, maybe a toddler next time. If it happens your responsible.

If your doggy is the size of the chickens then just make the fence a little higher until he can't jump it. Also why not bend the one part back so it makes like a little ledge that would prevent him from making a clear jump over. There is always a way if you just presist, best of luck to you :wink:

she could get in that if the door was open.

Most people who have dogs that eat chickens usually leave the doors on them closed? Or at least only let the chickens out when the dog is locked up.. You can actually train the chickens to come out for a few hours and then feed them/lock them up again we used to do this with our chickens when I was younger. Now that your dog has done it once it will be difficult to stop it happening again.

The answer is obvious: chain the dog up at the other end of the property under a tree with food and water, let the chooks out for the day, and they will naturally avoid the dog, and the dog can't chase after them because it is tied up. When they go back in make sure the coop is locked up and then let the dog lose.

Like people have said, none of this is rocket science :facepalm: :-?

The dog knows not to touch the chickens she usually leaves them alone, but the one that she did catch is the one that has the guts to come into the house.

would be good if you gave all the info at the start

if that is the situation may have just been a territorial issue then

but as said, dog may have the taste for it now

The dog knows not to touch the chickens she usually leaves them alone, but the one that she did catch is the one that has the guts to come into the house.

not anymore,thanks to your ineptitude and general incompetence,you should get rid of dog,chooks the lot if thats the best you can do,for your animals at least?just going to find a brick wall.