Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is this a Rudd?

Featured Replies

1_44.jpg

Is this a Rudd?

2_2.jpg

I went eeling and cought a dozen eels. I could have filled my sack with how many there were. I saw this fish hovering by the bank so I quickly netted it. Is it a Rudd?

3_10.jpg

  • Author

Im really hoping its not. It would be sad if they are in our river. There were hundreds of eels, Short and Long fin. I also saw small Koura and other little water shrimpy things, so it is a good sign that there is tonnes of life.

  • Author

It didn't have bright fins. quite dull. It did look like a gold colourd goldfish with mullet eyes. Would love it if someone could identify it from my bad photography.

  • Author

I went out again tonight with my spotlight and net. I would have had another fryd goldfish but it was smaller and it went through my net. There were hundreds of eels. Whats the law on selling live eels to keep in tanks?

Never knew my surname was a fish LOL, gonna google it now to read up about it :happy2:

edited to add this

Sam this following quote from the above link made me giggle when I read your siggy :wink:

Often referred to as the 'possums of the waterways'

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.