December 26, 201015 yr comment_412209 Is this a Rudd? I went eeling and cought a dozen eels. I could have filled my sack with how many there were. I saw this fish hovering by the bank so I quickly netted it. Is it a Rudd? Report
December 26, 201015 yr comment_412216 hard to tell from those pics. didnt think we got them in NZ? i used to catch heaps of them in the uk Report
December 26, 201015 yr comment_412228 They are a bit like an uncoloured goldfih with pink/red fins Report
December 26, 201015 yr Author comment_412257 Im really hoping its not. It would be sad if they are in our river. There were hundreds of eels, Short and Long fin. I also saw small Koura and other little water shrimpy things, so it is a good sign that there is tonnes of life. Report
December 27, 201015 yr Author comment_412275 It didn't have bright fins. quite dull. It did look like a gold colourd goldfish with mullet eyes. Would love it if someone could identify it from my bad photography. Report
December 27, 201015 yr Author comment_412414 :happy1: Turns out, it's a Carassius (Goldfish). Wich is Great news that Rudd is not in our river. Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412516 why is there a goldfish in the river? :tears: they can get flushed down there in big rains from farm ponds etc Report
December 28, 201015 yr Author comment_412524 I went out again tonight with my spotlight and net. I would have had another fryd goldfish but it was smaller and it went through my net. There were hundreds of eels. Whats the law on selling live eels to keep in tanks? Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412526 i think you need to hold a licence and quota to be able to sell them Report
December 28, 201015 yr Author comment_412537 We havn't had a flood for a long time so that may be another reason the goldfish are able to breed Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412548 Never knew my surname was a fish LOL, gonna google it now to read up about it :happy2: edited to add this Sam this following quote from the above link made me giggle when I read your siggy Often referred to as the 'possums of the waterways' Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.