anyone used these? feedback?

henward

You do get what you pay for, these pumps are fine for what they are but the build quality and flow rate wont be as good. But the main thing is most of the Tunze pumps are DC where this is an AC pump. Turning DC pumps on doesn't really wear them. An AC pump will have a tiny amount of damage every time you turn it on. I have a tunze pump running my wave box it switches on and off every second and has been doing it for years, an AC pump would die in weeks doing the same thing. Also my pumps are round 10 years old and I have replaced 1 propeller in that time. With cheap pumps I'd be very pleased to get 2 years from one.

freshwater riverine system

no on and off, it will be on the entire time.

bar power cuts of course.

thats waht i read on reviews too.... but i also read that they were powerful ifn ot same sometimes over rated compared to tunze, not sure if thats true.

but someone did say on and off is not good for them.

apart from that, i dont see a problem, feedback is good though!

jsut to make it clear

it does fail if you tu8rn it on and off frequently.

but if its on the whole time should be ok?

i mean look, if i get 2 years life out of one, with out turning it on and off, i am happy

its so cheap! i have via aquas still working fter 7 years!

just confirming:D

also why do you need one for wavemachine?

well the tunze ones (some of them the more expensive ones are dc powered and can safely be switched on and off quickly by a controller (also expensive) this can make a surge in the water happen a special model is used in a wavebox heres a link to how it works

http://www.marinedepot.com/wavemakers_t ... on-ap.html

the other cool thing about them is they can be turned up and down in power not just on and off

probably no good at all for what you are doing now but useful for a reef tank in simulating wave movement

also more feedback on the sunsun its quiet some of the other cheap wavemakers i have brought are noisy the sun sun can also use a magnat mount so it mounts to your tank like magnet cleaner (i think they ripped this idea off tunze possibly anyway)

i have both, tunze for my good tank and sunsun for my not so important tank (both marine tanks)

tunze is awesome but comes with a awesome price

the sunsun is great for the price and works just fine

Ecotech Marine Vortech is the super cool one but does come at a super cool price

I have the 12,000L model but was doubting the output as my 5,000 pond pump seems to have more grunt.

Do not confuse flow velocity/pressure with flow volume. They're high volume low velocity/pressure pumps, not low volume high velocity/pressure like pond pumps