November 28, 201015 yr comment_407579 Do we have opaques, dragons or steel blues avaliable in nz? Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407580 we definety have dragons, not sure bout the other two you should ask adreinne she will know Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407582 I've seen opaques, often opaque throws too. I have a bright blue PK? Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407584 yeah what do you mean by steel blue , because there is lots of bright blues like sams around Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407587 we definety have dragons Thats good news I do love dragons do you know what types like black coppers, blues, red? I've seen opaques pure white like this guy? what kind of colours were crossed to get the throws I've seen a few that a more of a flesh colour but not solid white your pk is very beautiful steel blue is quite a dark blue like Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407588 look at the persons avatar in this link viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49608 Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407592 Wow her fish has the most amzing colouration. I'm glad we have dragons like that in nz Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407596 Wow her fish has the most amzing colouration. I'm glad we have dragons like that in nz very few though - they just come in randomly as halfmoons or delta tails. I seriously want a dragon male or female atm and I'm willing to pay big money for one. I've managed to grow up a few steel blues but generally they aren't that often seen. I saw a vt yesterday morning that was pretty close to steel blue. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407599 your pk is very beautiful steel blue is quite a dark blue like Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407602 I have a dragon (see profile pic...) which I am breeding from. Will be keeping a close eye on his offspring Would love to see an opaque white in NZ... haven't seen one yet! Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407620 have a dragon (see profile pic...) which I am breeding from. Will be keeping a close eye on his offspring I can almost guarentee you wont have any problem finding his children new homes. I bags one they just come in randomly as halfmoons or delta tails I'm gonna have to make more regular trips to the petshop then. Once my frriend saw a black VT with white fins! thats one of the things I love about bettas, they come in an almost endless variety of colours and combinations so do petshops import bettas? if so would it be possible to ask them to import opaques instead of red/blue VTs or is this not how they roll Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407622 Hehe, yea there seems to be a lot of interest in the dragons will keep you posted! I asked hollywood about importing bettas and they seemed happy to bring them in when they put their order thru. I might have a chat to them next weekend regarding importing from thailand... all I know that is is definitely not worth doing it yourself unless you had a spare $800 lying around... MAF certainly doesn't make it easy thats for sure! Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407625 lol $800 a fish maybe.. HFF would be asking suppliers to order then in, they are not importers Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407627 You are in possesion of one of the hardest fish to get in NZ we all look at you in awe I'm looking forward to hearing about their progress. who was the mother? ooh tailand has some of the best bettas! it would be good to get some of them into the country. Does hollywood ship their goods? I'll give organisms a go and see if they can import some gooduns The downside of security huh. If only we were more like America and could ship quality fish in with ease. Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407628 HFF would be asking suppliers to order then in, they are not importers haha dont shatter my dreams. So that means someone in nz has all these imported bettas and breeding them Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407638 ooh tailand has some of the best bettas! it would be good to get some of them into the country. Thailand has THE best Bettas f only we were more like America and could ship quality fish in with ease. Even Aus can get Bettas imported Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407665 I have a female pk that looks alot like this from joshlikes fish, though looks like she might be a crown tail. don't know my Fighters well enought to know for sure All those fish I spawned will be a large mix of stuff bred by Adrienne. Every type of colour or tail in the spawn I have seen in Adrienne's tanks Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407687 Thailand has THE best Bettas haha cant deny that though Holland comes pretty close Even Aus can get Bettas imported thats unfair surely a released tropical fish would surviive better in their waters then ours. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407688 Them surviving in NZ waterways is only a part of the equation. The other part considers diseases, pathogens and the potential for natives to be adversely affected by any foreign organism; and given New Zealand's genetically unique flora and fauna,it is pretty darn important. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407695 haha cant deny that though Holland comes pretty close Really? I thought they were more into plants. I guess getting nice fish is just a game of chance. I saw some neat fish in HFF this weekend but getting to know a breeder would probably be best. Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407701 The other part considers diseases, pathogens and the potential for natives to be adversely affected by any foreign organism; and given New Zealand's genetically unique flora and fauna,it is pretty darn important. True, I assume a large proportion of potential threats would be in the water the fish come in such as invetebrates, plants, eggs, spores, etc.. and causualy pouring the water down the drain would do wonders in allowing them to enter the ecosystem. what is is the process of importation in nz? I guess getting nice fish is just a game of chance Completely agree and 70% of the time they are nothing special. Me and my friend saw some nice bettas in organisms, the next day they sold out so they said "well ring you when we get more," they rung and we rushed through our lab,left early, got real excited, opened the door and there were red and blue VTs...(=_=)' Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407702 Red and blue VTs :lol: Good thing Adrienne is (or was) breeding some Plakats, they just so happen to be my favourite type Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407703 Red and blue VTs :lol: Good thing Adrienne is (or was) breeding some Plakats, they just so happen to be my favourite type Wait till she spawns the Plakats she got from me Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407707 Wait till she spawns the Plakats she got from me What's this?! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.