Melafix or is it too late? (Eartheater problem)

REEVESTA

Hi guys. My Earth eater isn't looking to good i got it about 5 days ago from organisim now it has a sore above its lip. I rang John from organisim and he said it might be hole in the head, he said to use melafix. but the problem is that melafix almost costs the same as the fish itself?

any ideas? here are some pictures.

1hz4xktb.jpg

4obvzx3a.jpg

2altfhld.jpg

0joa5vrl.jpg

Is it to late? is it worth using melafix? the only tank i could treat the fish in has a small clown knife fish in it and arnt knifes sensitive to meds?

Is the fish already upside down? He looks pretty gone especially if he has already flipped up the wrong way.

I also don't know if melafix would do much if it was HITH, if you have only had him for 5 days and he had HITH then it would have been pretty sick when you got him it takes ages to develop.

and yes it has gone upside down. but i found my clown knife upside down and swimming awkwardly and hes fine now. im not to sure what to do now either get another or get melafix for $2 less and risk loseing the fish witch already looks half dead?

He was in with two other eartheaters one much bigger than him (14-15 cm) and one exactly the same size (7cm). Also a leopard ctenopoma (13cm), an ornate bichir (only 15cm still quite small) a bgk (10cm) and two hoplo catfish (10cm). He's way to big to fit in the bichirs mouth and it does not look like he bit him.

That is not HITH.. looks like damage from something...

The fact that its upside down could just be too much stress.. I would just try to keep it in a calm environment with good water and see if he gets better.. if not then put it down. Don't bother with melafix that would not fix HITH anyway

Earth eater has fliped the right way up today and looking way better now not eating atm, but I had to move him to the clown knifes tank so im not suprised. Clown looks like a balloon he eats so much :lol:

hmm" by the looked of the fish its wont be eating for a long time :wink:

good luck Reevesta :bow: