November Christchurch Totally Tanked Meeting

bdspider

Date: Sat 6th November

Time: 5pm onwards

Location: Jen's house, Halswell (Please pm or email myself or her for exact address)

We are going to reattempt the pizza party that was cancelled in September! Bases will be provided, just bring your favourite toppings and we'll make & bake em there.

We will be learning to make and repair tanks.

& then having a talk about live food & how to keep your cultures alive and well.

New members & guests welcome!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=161391820553777

Hi Amethyst.

Meetings usually go to about 9ish, but its not a set time so if you can only stay an hour or two, that's fine.

Kids are welcome to come of course, but we are an all adult group at the moment, so I'd imagine younger kids would find it pretty boring!

I am going to be down in Christchurch at the end of this month for the Freshwater Sciences conference, coming down on the 20th and returning on the 1st of December. Donna has kindly offered me her couch for the first few days ( :hail: ).

I will have my book with me (hot off the press!) so you will probably be the first FNZAS people to get it ;)

I would really love to meet some more of you guys and put faces to names! :) (and names to names, and faces to avatars....eep!)

I really want go spotlighting with you while I am there, and am also really keen to check out Southern Encounters. Could the club please, please take me out spotlighting? I would love to see what you have :)

What I am thinking is the evening of Saturday 20th for spotlighting, then Southern Encounters on Sunday (if people want to meet me before/after).

I will have my book with me (hot off the press!) so you will probably be the first FNZAS people to get it ;)

I would really love to meet some more of you guys and put faces to names! :) (and names to names, and faces to avatars....eep!)

I really want go spotlighting with you while I am there, and am also really keen to check out Southern Encounters. Could the club please, please take me out spotlighting? I would love to see what you have :)

What I am thinking is the evening of Saturday 20th for spotlighting, then Southern Encounters on Sunday (if people want to meet me before/after).

Yes, yes and yes to all of the above. That would be great. I will mention it at the meeting tomorrow to see how many other people would like to do the spotlighting - that should be really fun! :D

That's right! by the end of the month, I will have spent every Saturday of November partying...er...I mean doing important business... :roll: :lol:

Not to mention the last WE of October as well Jen :wink: :lol: :lol:

So where does 'spotlighting' happen around CHCH? .. for the WE that Stella is around?

I need a couple of BIG bits of well weathered driftwood to put in the snakenecks pond, so if we find some while out spotlighting..... that would be a bonus! :bounce:

Extra parties sounds good to me. Grant and I hope to be down on Friday as there is a stand we want to check out at the Show then we have the exec meeting on Saturday. I am sure that evening will be free as we don't start the rally until Sunday :bounce: