'ello

FishBen

Hello, I joined this forum a while ago (note join date :lol:) decided I should make a thread here!

Well, I decided one day I wanted to get a fish tank, and.. since then I've expanded quite a bit!

My dad got hooked into it shortly after I did :lol: Within the first month we had a small tank each and a joint 90L tank.

I'm always looking for the oddball fish which is a bit hard when you lack major funds and live in Nelson, I'm sure fellow Nelsonians can agree on our dismal LFS interesting fish suppliers. :-?

Currently my Dad and I have 7 tanks up and running and 2 incoginto at this time, but we'll probably be back up to 9 in no time, and soon after hit 10. Can be interesting living in a 1 bedroom flat where the lounge is my room :lol: needless to say we're a bit tight on space but do very well with the space we have :)

Tanks at the moment are;

Mine

35L - 2 Dwarf Puffer, 2 Bumblebee Gobbies.\

100L - Heavily Planted - 5 Featherfin Rainbows, 2 Bristlenose, 2 Featherfin Syno Cats, 2 Albino Cory, 3 Glass Catfish and 1 Pakistani Loach.

Joint

18L - >100 mystery blue snails, most of which are

90L Community - Many Fish, lol.. Some Inc; Neons, Boliv. Rams, Forktailed Rainbows, Wild Kribs, Baby Dolphin Cichlids, 4 large mystery blue snails, cories, few bristles, 4 angels with some sort of swim bladder disorder D: and more I'm sure :lol:

224L Community - Hmm, let's see..A.. Silver Shark, Royal Columbian Whiptail, Pictus Cat, Banjo Cat, 4 Fairy Cichlids, 2 Electric Yellows, Julie Cory, 1 very fast growing redspot pleco, probably more that I can't remember atm!

My dad's

100L - Chichlid Tank. Mainly africans, with haps, albino snow white zombies, the bull of the two who rules the tank :wink:, ruby reds, demos, 2 Jack dempsey, Ice blues, cobalts, red empress's, Aroura (sp), And.. I think that's it, I might have missed some xD

18L - Fancy guppys! about a dozen of 'em, give or take a few.

30L - Holding tank, waiting for shellies. Will upgrade to 84L once it's made :wink:

So that's about it I guess, we've been in the "game" for around 4-5 months now I think. I'm loving the hobby! Hoping to get a puffer species tank and/or a native marine tank set up next, myself. :D

Thanks for reading!