Yum...

David R

Not sure where that shop is - The Hub? Are those fish eatable?

Our previous tenants (several times removed) used to own one of the foodcourt shops out there. We had a complaint from them about a leak in the bathroom. The plumber we called out there duly reported that it was the eels in the bath splashing!!

Haha! Eels in the bath.... As a kid i remember running the bath and getting smelt run out of the cold tap... :o Apparently water was pumped straight out of Lake Taupo through a series of filters. We were permanent residents in a small holiday location called Hatepe.

Oh come on, where is your sense of adventure David?

What makes you think you know what is in anything else you eat at yum char...

The saying is:The Cantonese will eat anything with wings but an aeroplane, and anything with legs but a table... :wink:

What makes you think you know what is in anything else you eat at yum char...

The saying is:The Cantonese will eat anything with wings but an aeroplane, and anything with legs but a table... :wink:

Love it Zev :wink:

I thought yum cha was mostly fish anyway. In fact what makes us think that we know what we are eating in any restaurant anywhere in the world (unless we chose the item live and watched it being cooked) :D

Yeah I'll try just about anything land-based, but for some reason when it comes to seafood I'm not that keen. I love fresh fish [snapper, tarakihi etc] and scallops and calamari, but thats about it. Don't like salmon, don't like sashimi or anything raw (apart from the stuff in coconut cream)...

Love it Zev :wink:

I thought yum cha was mostly fish anyway. In fact what makes us think that we know what we are eating in any restaurant anywhere in the world (unless we chose the item live and watched it being cooked) :D

Yum cha is not generally a lot of fish, mostly pork, squid and shrimp, chicken feet, durian, tofu, beef tendons bean paste - dammit, now I am hungry...

Never mind the restaurants - I would be more concerned about what is in most processed frozen food that you get from the supermarket. I don't recall ever filleting fish and ending up with a pile of exactly the same sized slightly off rectangle shaped bits:-?