API Leaf Zone

Joshlikesfish

I've been using PMDD from a guy in Howick off trade me. $26 for roughly 6 months supply. I switched from Flourish Comp, to the PMDD, and everything is doing just as well, and my Ludwigia Repens seems to be doing better now. It has grown about 3 cm since the weekend, and the tops of the plant are getting very red. The colours due to the light, but the growth has to be due in part to the ferts. A lot of people use PMDD, so there must be something good about it.

EDIT: I also added 2 lots of API root tabs, so that might also be responsible for the growth. I don't know. I was getting a little annoyed with spending $20 on flourish every 2 months, when I can buy PMDD for $26 and have it last at least 6 months.

Is this any good?

http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/deta ... ml/m/1007/

Also noticed that Switched on Gardener sells a lot of hydroponic ferts.... I assume they wouldn't be right for growing aquarium plants?

I found it discoloured my water, gave it a yellow tinge so I stopped using it and went back to Flourish Comprehensive. I also found JBL balls cheaper than API root tabs... weather they are better or not I'm not sure

I prefer root tabs, as the api balls are quite large, and don't really get down deep enough for my plants and substrate due to them being rather round as opposed to the flat disc like api root tabs.

I've used both, and neither seem to be any better than each other in my tanks.