Invitation to Event

Simian

Love to see you Nymox, hows Bertie?

Bertie is Bertha :P and massive, you thought she was a biggie back then :P I think shes holding too, looks very fat and the male is smelling around her a lot.

I will get up early and try the battery in the truck. So I guess if I see you all at the commerce club before the tank crawl then everything worked out, if not I wish you all an awesome time, and the best of luck for the quiz night.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great day to be had yesterday.

The tanks we saw were all of a very good standard, and everyone that entered should be proud of their tanks.

Thanks Owen for setting up a very fun quiz night. I definetly had a good time, and the red bulls really helped me stay awake.... so awake that my eyes were not tired till 3.00am. :o

All I can say is people missed a good event.

I would like to thank the Waikato members for yesterday. It was a great day and I was stunned by the beauty of the tanks I saw. They were a credit to you all :D. and I am sure there were others that we were unable to see on the day of similar quality. I was also really impressed by the large turnout and enthusiasm of all the members there.

Thanks so much for letting me share :hail:

Thanks for the great evening, a bit suspicious about the results for the last challenge, though :wink:

Rob was very kind to let us visit his tanks today, since we missed the tank crawl, a great consolation!

Well done WAS, a well organised event.

Thanks for the great evening, a bit suspicious about the results for the last challenge, though :wink:

Rob was very kind to let us visit his tanks today, since we missed the tank crawl, a great consolation!

Well done WAS, a well organised event.

i would like to say thanks to zev for fixing my grandad account and to all the other judges and organises

I also would like to thank WAS for letting us attend and be involved in your event – we had great fun and it was lovely to meet/re-meet Waikato fish keepers. Well done to the organisers too – awesome work! :) Hopefully we will be able to extend the same hospitality to you if you are able to come up to our tank crawl in a month-ish. :)

Grant and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. Thanks to the Waikato club for making it so interesting and special thanks to Owen, Rochelle and Shannon who, I think, did the bulk of the organising. Rochelle especially outdid herself with the quiz night and we appreciated our accommodation.

As zev said, the results of the last challenge were highly suspect. I think because we were winning ("we" being a group of out-of-towners showing up the locals) they deducted extra points on mere technicalities - they even tried to disqualify us!!!! :o Even after 2 independent judges said our construction fitted within the rules they still halved our points so we came third :lol:

All the tanks on show were stunning and a credit to their owners. It was fun to meet up with previously met people and to put faces to names in here eg myfishybusiness, Malcolm, Tom_Shannon (the Shannon half as we had already met Richard - don't know where "Tom" comes into it!), BettaSplendens. Not sure if we met Nymox :-?

Had a delicious lunch from one the local bakeries and the evening buffet was also very tasty and plentiful. Many commented on the cheap prices for drinks from the bar too so all were very happy :wink:

We got to meet Phoenix44 and Rusty on the way home too :bounce:

Nothing suspicious Zev *points to rule 3* all cheating was legit 8)

Shame I had to work Sunday really wanted to catch up more, and we missed you on the crawl part :cry: