Invitation to Event

Simian

Waikato Aquarium soc are having our 1/2 yearly tank crawl on Saturday 16 October.

We will be following up with a meal and a quiz night, this will be a fun event and we invite other clubs to send a crew to visit us for the Weekend.

More details to follow, your Club Secretaries will be getting a message from us soon, but you heard it here first.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a bit far for people to drive from Hamilton. You could join the Auckland club instead - we have tank crawls too :D

We haven't planned the next one yet but that might be on the list of things to do after pet expo.... :wink:

There's a south auckland aquarium society, can't recall seeing any posts about a meeting though. The details are in the clubs and societies page of the FNZAS site. It's a bit odd, in that I know quite a few people in the Franklin area with nice tanks who don't seem all that club minded.

:evil:

I reckon Kasey should enter, he makes the effort to come visit us every month

I'm sure Waikato can round up at least 1 or two carloads to do a trip:

look at his tank, I know he has some awesome looking guppies as he won last table show

Visit Malcolm's setup

and a trip to HFF :bounce:

Make a good day out, 8) remind me at next clubnight to check its sorted

Maybe if Wok volunteers to be a Guest Judge :hail: at our main crawl he could pop in and see Kasey's as a warm up run to our new marking system

For those who live in Franklin area, there is a South Auckland Aqu Soc, details on the main web page clubs section.

They are very small but I am sure John & Co would be very supportive of anyone with the energy to pick up the pace.

We will invite you to all our events and you will need to be affiliated to enter the Regional Fish Show in January :wink:

You realise that if you SAAWGS gets new members it will make it hard for you guys to win the Michelle Down trophy for increased club membership :wink:

Another active Auckland club would be great though.

Maybe if Wok volunteers to be a Guest Judge :hail: at our main crawl he could pop in and see Kasey's as a warm up run to our new marking system

I will check my calendar and get back to you.

Road trip seems interesting.

You realise that if you SAAWGS gets new members it will make it hard for you guys to win the Michelle Down trophy for increased club membership :wink:

Another active Auckland club would be great though.

Bah! we are the most active club in the area if they think they can give us a run for our money they can try :roll:

If they do want to join us we would welcome them though we are the best 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Limited numbers for Meal and Quiz, so get hold of me asap to secure your place.

As mentioned we will be having our tank crawl on Sat 16 October and following it up with a meal and a fun quiz night.

Unfortunately the restaurant at the Commerce club is already booked that night, so I need an idea of numbers for the meal and the Quiz evening so I can make some plans.

Saturday evening is traditionally quiet at the club so...

I have talked with the club about how we can make it work and we will hold the Quiz in the Riesling room (where we had our last club night) this would limit us to 50 people, very cosy but workable.

The meal is still doable at the club, with those who want to be civilised taking meals in the Riesling room and heathens like me who don't really mind can eat in the bar, this will take the pressure off the smaller room for dining.

Meals will be under $20 and we will have a small cover charge for the quiz part $5 or similar in order to pay for prizes etc.

Pretty good value for a fun night out. Drinks are cheap too.

You can attend the any of the three parts of the day as your time allows, novice fish keepers & non fishy partners are encouraged and they will be able to contribute to the quiz as this will be a fun night and the super technical questions will only be one section.

The quiz part of the evening will be going late and probably wont be suitable for younger kids.

Cheers

Owen & Rochelle Lingard

Well we currently look like we have almost 20 stops to cover :o I really don't know how we are going to cover that many, I'd expect a big day, more details when I get some more confirmations.

We may even have to break it down to two groups... logistically its a bit of a nightmare I think I am going to think outside the square...fortunately I'm not very good at doing things the way they have always been done.