Multiple pairs of breeding angels in 1 tank?

fish_tank0311

Ok so im trying to sell a pair of breeding angels, but so far i have had no luck. Reason for selling is i want to change 1 of my setups from a planted to a cichlid tank. Now iv already arranged all the gravel, rocks etc for the new tank, but to put all of that in and start it i need to sell my angels, because the pH will have to change from 7 to 8.2, and they are not going to happy with that, but im not having any luck selling em, so, what do people say about putting the pair i am selling (who are 15 months old btw not fully grown only like half way or something) into a 250 litre 4 foot with another breeding pair of black lace angels. They originally were all in my small tank together but then i moved 1 pair because they started fighting with the other pair, but my tank was considerably smaller than my 4 foot. So can i move the angels together into the 4 foot? If not permanently then temporarily? Also if anyone is interested in my angels its in Auckland, and they are now $35 as i need to get rid of them. They have layed eggs on a plant in the back corner of my community tank a lot. Thanks

The might be alright in the 250L tank together, best bet is to rearrange the tank when you introduce them and introduce them at night so they have a chance to settle before the fighting starts. If you can stick a big landmark in the centre of the tank to create clear territories it might work out well too.

After 3 hours of redecorating, i moved the angels into the bigger tank, within seconds while they were still in the bag the second pair, who were the original inhabitants of the 4 foot, started trying to attack the yellow angels, with little success however, so i moved the yellow angels back into their old tank....

Never a good situation to have two pairs of breeding angels in the same tank. They are very protective and and if one or both pairs decide to breed murder will get done. I used to breed heaps of them with one pair only in a 600x300x300 tank. They are worse if they have been on their own and breeding.