Update on my 6ftr... quite a few pics.

Fruju

Well, decided to update my tank - tank is nowhere near finished in terms of decor and there are a few more additions to add.

DEE on the forum is moving house, and im holding onto some of his fish while he moves - question him on prices but fish for sale are: flowerhorn (nice fish), Festae, 3x geos (super nice).

Im also keeping another Green terror, I have a m/f pair now, and a small fire eel.

anyways, some pics :D

IMG_1146.jpg

FTS

IMG_1149.jpg

Some geos

IMG_1150.jpg

My festae and my largest del

IMG_1156.jpg

Managed to get a couple of pics of my jardini 8) finally so hard to capture :roll:

IMG_1159.jpg

GT's, jar

IMG_1161.jpg

Flowerhorn im holding

IMG_1170.jpg

yeah, decor has been a slow second, decided I want a darker gravel so Im gonna change that asap, add heaps of tall plants and one large piece of wood I think. Yeah bichirs are a little exposed I guess, geos are surinamensis.

Looking good bro, but bear in mind with dark gravel you will probably need like a 4ft twin T5 light unit, otherwise the tank will seem dark as - was the first thing i noticed when i changed from sand to black grit. you might be able to get away with a twin T8 unit with decent bulbs (powerglos) tho.

Crypts, swords, anubis, java ferns and tiger lotus is all doing well with my Birchirs. Stem plants break up too much when they go blundering through them. Im going to try some dwarf sag as soon as I manage to get ahold of some.

Looks great!

Love the selection of fish, but the one fish that tank is desperately calling for is a royal pleco of any description.

I would add more driftwood, not ordered in any specific manner - just scattered around and perhaps anubias hastifloia as the plant. should be pretty easy to order in.

Looking really good. I dont mind the slightly more empty look without plants but I do think slightly more sand and some nicely placed pieces of driftwood.

I am a fan of the (AKA) Geo's they look very cool and happy. Im wishing for a big SA tank now more and more.

TANK IS NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED. Decor at the moment was only put in as a temporary hide for the fish, was a little restricted for cash once set up. My plan is to put a mild/darkish gravel to change the colours brought out by the fish, add one super large piece of wood as a feature item, plant substantial Val forests in the back/corners, maybe a couple of large swords - havent had any problems with plants and bichirs so far, swords are always good.

shot bro did the tank proud

Shot G! looking good aye!

There is actually plenty of sand, huge piles of it created by the fx5 jet, and the bichirs push it out of the corners too. Tried Anubis plants but havent had any success yet.

Looks great!

Love the selection of fish, but the one fish that tank is desperately calling for is a royal pleco of any description.

Plecos poop way too much I find, unless these are different?

Looking good bro, but bear in mind with dark gravel you will probably need like a 4ft twin T5 light unit, otherwise the tank will seem dark as - was the first thing i noticed when i changed from sand to black grit. you might be able to get away with a twin T8 unit with decent bulbs (powerglos) tho.

Need more lights too - going for marine blue, pink and more white I think, maybe an averagely dark coloured gravel that is easily distinguished from the black background would be good, that way I get the colour change without totally blanking the tank.

Looking good. My opinion is it needs more sand in the bottom for the Geo's to dig around in.

Also adding some Anubias will add a feature to the tank. It looks kinda empty at the moment.

JMO

Kinda need to factor in the eventual size of the fish too, Jar will reach a good 50cm... But in terms of plants and wood there is plenty to do.

Ask Henward when he's going to be over this side of town next, not sure when I'll be heading north next.

Hard out, will do - stores just dont have them at a large size, and i dont have anywhere to soak them, and i seem to have lost my patience somewhere around here... :roll: