Check this out!

Adrienne

Nearly since day one these have stood out in the spawn as being more stocky than the others. I couldn't work out what was going on as they also have more colouring than their halfmoon siblings and to start with I thought they were deformed. One of them tends to hang out nearer the top of the tank but at this stage the others seem to be swimming normally.

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page ... icleid=879

Crossing DT x DT will normally give you 100% DT, but these crosses very often have inherent problems, such as fused lobes, bent spines, or deformed bodies. These problems can be minimized in DT x DT spawnings by only using unrelated fish without serious imperfections

i dont think its worth the effort to find out yourself. the double tails seem to be a bit rearer in the shops now days

ive got a new project for you david....

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/photog.imp?img={CA7C41A4-FC35-4CE4-9FFC-F91807D4C93B}_wasanbetta.jpeg&articleid=3957&cutline=1&page=http%3A%2F%2Fbettysplendens.com%2Farticles%2Fpage.imp%3Farticleid%3D3957

Surely they are only worth anything if you can get them to spawn and produce viable offspring that have the same traits as the parents. If it was an african cichlid it would be classed as an unwanted hybrid by many breeders and would be put down 8)

lol

When I tried to get dt by breeding it never worked out. These are so random I had spent a week debating whether or not to post a pic on here. I think its quite a laugh that I have some so somewhere the genetics must be in the country - the parents of these were not bred by me and were from two different sources. These guys will need to grow much longer bodies imo if they are going to be any good so will keep you updated on their progress and when they get a bit bigger I will know how many there are.

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=879

i dont think its worth the effort to find out yourself. the double tails seem to be a bit rearer in the shops now days

ive got a new project for you david....

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/photog.imp?img={CA7C41A4-FC35-4CE4-9FFC-F91807D4C93B}_wasanbetta.jpeg&articleid=3957&cutline=1&page=http%3A%2F%2Fbettysplendens.com%2Farticles%2Fpage.imp%3Farticleid%3D3957

Andrew, that link does not work mate. :wink: try again.

dam it, this is what it was:

83091e098615c767853f4dc119741949.jpg

yea the double tail is quite a deformity and their bodies are normally quite short and stumpy.

they are around as ive seen some in nz before, think it was animates henderson when i was last there.

the DT gene is recessive but shouldnt be DT DT bread but more DT ST then breed the DTxST offspring to a DT

Double tail lines have been advertised on trade me. Worth no more then any other strain as bidding has indicated. Still plenty out their.

sure? if so, i would not mind to get as many as i can, last DT was placket from my line 3years ago, they were the grand grand grand fries of mine 4yrs ago. and now, havnt seen any .

We breed heaps from chin imports 2nd gen into the dragon female red male which produced blues and reds. Breed heaps from Rons imports monster platinum D/T H/M cross to Chin imports. We got up to 5 gen inbreeding before going out and half of them did a vanishing trick at about 4 mths of age. But I guess after the 3rd gen of inbreeding the line is then the breeders and not until.

Still got a few of these lines. But never had or did not know of any of Davids line or imp H/M D/T. would have been great to see.

We breed heaps from chin imports 2nd gen, Breed heaps from Rons imports crosses to Chin imports We got up to 5 gen inbreeding before going out. But I guess after the 3rd gen of inbreeding the line is then the breeders and not until.

Still got a few of these lines. But never had or did not know of any of Davids line or imp H/M D/T. would have been great to see.

from what Chin imported pairs, i, personaly, havent seen any result came out, not on TM, not on the Forum, Ron and me got imported ones from LFS two yrs ago, when they were $160 a pair(i got nearly 20 pairs, Ron can prove it), not Ron's origianl imported ones(lost all the track from Ron's personal imported ones' offspring), and we carried on breeding, another successfull breeder got breeding pair from Ron and me, and then he/she established his/her own ID, good effort.

so, would like to see, IN PIC, if anyone has DT, any doesnt matter plaket or HM, just get a pic here, that will be more then great. :hail::hail::hail:

plus, ppl who have been with my auctions two years ago, will know the DT auctions. been there, done that. just need to move on. lol. :hail:

Still a couple of us with Rons imported D/T lines and Chins H/M with D/T gen dominant if inbreed to. NOW theirs another with them must have the above gen pool in them. The line was advertised on TM I brought the Salamander Red in that auction.

Still a couple of us with Rons imported D/T lines and Chins H/M with D/T gen dominant if inbreed to. NOW theirs another with them must have the above gen pool in them. The line was advertised on TM I brought the Salamander Red in that auction.

that will be awesome :bounce: :bounce: any pics please? and i am really keen to get some if any available. cheers.

If these are the same blood lines ? That young Julia has put out then I think some were on this site is one of the same blood line from her first spawn & the father to that is the same male I produced the foundation of my stock with. In my opinion the fighter Julia produced was of very top quality of its HM type and grew into a massive Fighter I hope .So theirs some of the gen pool for you folk to hunt down. It is on this site or was. I hope Julia is still breeding her lovely HM fighters and continue to keep these lines alive. A Dodge I am sure will have enough to feed the market for the D/T strain as well. I release stock may be after 5 years other then to the people that have helped in the development with me. Lets hope I still have them in 5 years time. I am not into the money making side of this hobby at present. Full credit to young Julia if these a from her stocks and A Dodge.

If these are the same blood lines ? That young Julia has put out then I think some were on this site is one of the same blood line from her first spawn & the father to that is the same male I produced the foundation of my stock with. In my opinion the fighter Julia produced was of very top quality of its HM type and grew into a massive Fighter I hope .So theirs some of the gen pool for you folk to hunt down. It is on this site or was. I hope Julia is still breeding her lovely HM fighters and continue to keep these lines alive. A Dodge I am sure will have enough to feed the market for the D/T strain as well. I release stock may be after 5 years other then to the people that have helped in the development with me. Lets hope I still have them in 5 years time. I am not into the money making side of this hobby at present. Full credit to young Julia if these a from her stocks and A Dodge.

wow. that's awesome. but 5yrs ...may be too long, and fighter keeping does cost a lot,and, i think most of us will beg for a pic please. as we know, fighters life is short, please show us some your glory, just a pic, before they go down to drain. we do apriciate if you have a 'hall of the famous' :hail::hail::hail: thx a lot.