mixing fish

critter_guy

It's not about about giving up critter_guy, it's about learning as Caryl mentioned and then adjusting.

I lost count of how many fish and different setups I went through untill I found one that worked well and iwas happy with, so just hang in there and in time you will have a nice setup that you are happy with.

B

When I first got my silver sharks they were in a 2 foot tank, that done them fine for about 2 to 3 months scince then they have been through 3 more tanks and are now in a nice spacious 4 foot tank (320L) and are about 25cm long

keep an eye on trade me you should be able to get a 4 foot tank off there for about $200 give or take depending on condition

Good luck,

Daniel

From what I have seen it is the bigger LFS that are the problem, the number of times I have seen people walk out of Animates in Wlg with a plastic tank not much bigger than a coke bottle and a bag full of fish, you just know they are going to die and the pet shop is going to blame them for not looking after the fish right. They even advertise "complete setups" with fish included.

i have to say that the animates here in CHCH are pretty good

the info we got when we first set up our tanks was really helpful and i guess it helps that the staff they employ have their own tanks etc and know from experience wat can happen when fish are overcrowded or not cared for properly