8ft Birchir Tank log. Updated 21/12/2010

Nymox

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how big is that shark?

I weighed him last week at 6.8kg He doesnt fit into a 60 ltr fish bin anymore.

filletable :wink:

I'd tend to gut and smoke him. Or perhaps steaks.

that is a monstrous beast.................. i like 8)

Me too, one day I would like to school them the same as I have done with the Bala sharks. 10 at that size would look amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright a little update, With Havana the cigar shark gone I can now have plants again. Thinking of replacing the tubes with just 1 metal halide on the right hand side of the tank. Will buy a solenoid and regulator off ebay and start pumping some co2 into the tank too, Ill give it a go but I think the shear volume of water will be too much for co2 to be affective.

DSCF2548.jpg

what shame :facepalm: of your loss

o well have get two more fish to replace the one you loss hehe :D:D :bounce:

Hahaha I don't think I will get another cigar shark until I have a lot more tank space then I can school them, awesome fish though, I would do it if I had 2000 Ltrs +

I am thinking about an Aro now though, as I have always wanted one. Wish it could be a Jar but too nasty for that tank I think.

I am thinking about an Aro now though, as I have always wanted one. Wish it could be a Jar but too nasty for that tank I think.

Yeah! Jardini is a good option, from my observations they are fine with bichirs and schooling fish eg: sharks. With cichlids, you have to make sure they are substantially smaller so that he does not consider them a competitor, if you have a bigger cichlid it will catch up in size and beat the beep out of it. :an!gry

A black aro in that planted tank would be cool too.

Yeah out of all they are my favourites would love to get a black in there, Geo's would probably get beaten up though and they are more important then getting my fix of Arowana. I will work on getting it covered in plants, I am thinking of getting another 4 foot tank, just using it to grow out my eels and geo and using the current 4 foot as a sump, I've been offered a UV filter at a very good price too, and found a reasonable MH.