discus sick - what med?

henward

How is this fish doing now? If the deworming didn't work, I would be thinking about the possibility of fungal or bacterial gill rot, or perhaps a protozoal infestation. You could try treating with metronidazole for the protozoa or acriflavine for the others.

fish Tuberculoses. Fish Aids. 1 by 1 they fall deterioration till death. Don't let the other fishy take a bite of him or they got it to ? Water bound T/B ? Can humans catch it to ? Is their such a thing ?

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/man ... ishTB.html

interesting reading. Answer - very rare for humans to get it, but yes it is zoonotic (transmissable from animals to humans). Symptoms in humans sounds a bit like "seal finger" - also thought to be caused by mycoplasma so maybe not surprising.

Not sure how common it is in fish tho - Jen do you know? Tho I guess that 99% of cases would be undiagnosed due to the difficulty and expense of diagnosis / culture of this bug.

:o

May be your fish is dying of TB. Would TB also come from Frozen Blood worms collected from around pig farms in Asia ?. As lots of out door fish farms in Asia are combined with pig farm. Desert for the fishy is pig shit is this true ?.

TB is usually picked up in quarantine and is zoonotic---there have been a few cases down here over the yeers with people involved in importing. I am told the cure is worse than the disease. It is not common outside of quarantine. I had it (only in fish) years ago when I imported goldfish.

If it is/was TB, which has got to be pretty unlikely, then wouldnt you kiss good bye to your whole collection?

My guess from reading this post and the equilivent post that was put up on SD that it is an internal parasite or worm. Furan was unlikely to do anything about it.

fishy did not make it, just didnt eat enough and got skeletal thin. kinds just floated around- i isolated again to ensure it didnt get anyoen else.

but had to put it down - put the whole community at risk.

now i know early signs of sickness. none of the other fish were affected, i dont even think its a parasite.... i have seen this patter from clwon loaches, skinny disease i think.

I've had a couple of Discus do that lately henward,

Just give up on eating, I treated both of them with Metro in a hospital tank as soon as I saw there was a problem, but lost both of them to exactly the same symptoms, I have no idea what's happening with them.

They get 2-3 water changes a week, are feed a mixture of Tetra Colourbits, Bloodworms, Tubifex Worms etc

Have to say it is the smaller ones of my 7 Discus that have been affected by this.

Heaps of discus got it ?. Who's selling these discus ?. Are they from the one or the same supplier or many ?. Do they keep a bucket of infected fish urine and crap next to their bagging station ?. Theirs all sorts out their. Can Human TB be transmitted to fish as well ? Could it be human TB ?. WOW OUT OF IT.