How to fill 200l tank

Brackishtank lover

that takes too long unless you follow the teachings of big chief kicksupastorm :D

You must learn patience, kemosabe.

All the buckets, pots and watertight containers outside my house are full of water, so it will definitely work.

I have an old filter inlet attachment on the end of my hose so I can hook it over the side. Trying to get a normal hose end to stay in the tank while you wander off and turn it on is HOPELESS.

The awesome thing is you can use it to do waterchanges - siphoning it straight down the drain. I have a 'doubleadapter' hose connector at the tap so I can fill the hose then flick the switch and let it all drain out. Since the inlet attachment only comes 1/3 of the way down the tank the siphon stops without draining all the water out (also the grill stops fish getting sucked up!). Then flick the switch again, turn on the tap and fill the tank again.

(of course brackish water may change things...)

(oh and don't do what I did and forget about the hose and go out. I flooded my house and lost half my fish over summer!! Now I am only allowed to use the hose to fill the tanks if I am standing beside the tank The Whole Time. :oops: )

just yelled out to her when it was full :lol:

You're doing it wrong. The correct way is to get distracted, remember you're filling a tank, look just as it starts to overflow then run knocking over chairs, tables and pets to get to the tap and turn the hose off.

I have drums outside collecting water from the roof of our wood shed, I have a pond pump in the last one and when I do a water change on my bigger tanks I have a hose coming from the pump to the tanks and flick the pump switch and pump rainwater into my tank. Only problem at the moment is it is very cold. If I use tap water I have an attachment that goes onto my kitchen and laundry tub taps and I just plug the hose into one of them and run warm water into the tank, works well both ways depending on what PH I want.

You're doing it wrong. The correct way is to get distracted, remember you're filling a tank, look just as it starts to overflow then run knocking over chairs, tables and pets to get to the tap and turn the hose off.

hehe yup.

Or ring a friend from a bus an hour out of town and beg them to go check if the hose was turned off or not.....