Thank you HFF!!

David R

Tomorrow will be the end of a very long wait for me to get my hands on a fish I've wanted to keep for years; the black arowana.

In 2001 I sold my 5' set up, along with the nearly 2' black aro I had, as I was moving out of home and I wasn't prepared to go through the hassles of moving such a large set up around flats. The aro was also getting close to the limits of the tank for the tank and I wasn't in a position to upgrade to anything larger. Since then I've always wanted another, but only saw them for sale once in ~2003 (IIRC), and at the time I wasn't set up to keep big fish. Over the past 3-4 years I've had several conversations with Dave and Levon about the distinct absence of the species from our shops, and made them aware that I would love to keep one again should they ever become available again.

About 9 weeks ago, the day after I had sold my green aro to make room for a large dedicated south american tank, I got a phonecall from Dave saying that he'd managed to source some and they'd be on their way within a week or so. Perfect timing! They arrived in store yesterday, and I'll be picking mine up on Friday morning.

I'd like to thank Hollywood for the great service they have provided me over the years, and for sourcing this fish for me.

This is a perfect example of why its so important to support stores who have the best interests of the hobby at heart.

I agree

I too have bugged them about Killis for ages (yes I admit I was starting to bore them I guess) but when they came available, they contacted me and have now bought in 2 more specie that had dissapared from NZ and normally have stocks of others as well.

"This is a perfect example of why its so important to support stores who have the best interests of the hobby at heart." :hail:

• 1 month later...

Got a call this afternoon saying they have spotted metynnis (Metynnis maculatus) in stock. I haven't mentioned it to them for a long time now, but they still remembered I wanted some. Thats three species I've been after for ages in the past 12 months (festae, black aro, and these) cheers guys!!

There are more in both stores (and probably other shops), neat little fish, have the "piranha look" like the common silver dollars but don't get as large and also have attractive faint spotting on their sides. Go get some!

Metynnis_maculatus.jpg

Good show HFF

and great stuff David for showing your appreciation :hail: , far too many people jump way to fast and tell the world when someone does a bad job of something yet very few tell anyone when someone does a good job.

Ive never been to HFF before, may have to call in there this weekend

Good show HFF

and great stuff David for showing your appreciation :hail: , far too many people jump way to fast and tell the world when someone does a bad job of something yet very few tell anyone when someone does a good job.

Ive never been to HFF before, may have to call in there this weekend

WHAT, Paul are you crazy? Never been to HFF? LOL, Its well worth the trip