Pond and so on...

Deepsound

Hi everyone !

Here's my pond.

Actually, it's not the pond itself but the stream I made. It measures about 8 m long. I tried to make it as natural as possible, with sand bed, rocks and plants around and inside. Waterproofed canvas has been used.

The stream flows into the pond.

I'll post another pics soon :)

bassin06040023.jpg

bassin07080090.jpg

Looks good in the photo's,Bet its much better in reality.Would like to come & see it but

think you may be too far away for a quick trip to check it out.Perhaps the wife might want to come on a shopping trip?

Pity more people with ponds dont have streams running into them as more natural & you can do alot with them, Safer for kids to play & fall into as well.

Keep up the great work

Hi Caryl :)

I don't live right in Paris (fortunatly) but next to, in the suburbs. It looks like Christchurch, but with much more people (about 7000/km²). I'm not living in the country. There's much more concrete than trees down here ;)

But I try to turn my little garden into a "wild" place. Know what ? I even have a treefern ;) which is one of my favourite plant (long before I knew it was a NZ symbol). I wanted to be able to dream in, even if it's the city all around. When i'm strollin' in my garden, I forget the city.

I don't use any chemicals. So there's a lot of birds, insects and even frogs :)

img_8619-1.jpg

Thanks ! :D

I try to create a kind of ecosystem that runs alone.

Rainwater from the roof goes in the first pond (about 5000 L - about 3 x 2.5 m) that flows into a second pond (about 10.000 L, 6m long, 1m depth). A water pump takes water from the 2nd pond and send it in the stream. So the stream flows into the first pond in a kind of close circuit. I dug all the stuff with just a showel and a pickaxe.

To simplify :

Rainwater from roof --> 1st pond --> 2nd pond --> stream --> 1st pond :)

Plants filter the water. When there are too many floating plants, I remove a part of them to make compost. Good organic fertilizer (be green mates ! ;) ).

Waterproofed canvas is put down on an old fitted carpet, to prevent holes and rips from roots.

@dennisisawesome : inhabitants are goldfish, shubunkin, rhodeus serviceus, tritons and frogs :)

Eggs frogs !

img_8578.jpg

img_8421.jpg

img_8396.jpg

:bounce:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...