Shedding troubles?

My bluey, Sky, seems to be having a bit of trouble shedding. This is her first shed while i've had her. She started 2 weeks ago. Is this too long?

The bits left to shed is some along her back (along the spine) and i think most of her tail. What can I do to help her?

give it a mist & maybe a warm shallow bath if it doesnt shed in the next couple of days....does seem a bit long for them to shed. unlike bds they normally completely shed within the day... i think???, cant say ive ever taken much notice :oops:

ps dont pull the skin off either however tempting it maybe, let them do what they do.

give it a mist & maybe a warm shallow bath if it doesnt shed in the next couple of days

I'll try that - I did put some warm water on her where the scales hasn't shed, she was not pleased - ran away fast and hunched the area where I had wet.

ps dont pull the skin off either however tempting it maybe, let them do what they do.

The stuff that hasn't shed is still firmly stuck on - but i can tell by the look of them that they're the old ones

Also watch the skin on the toes as it can get stuck and cut circulation off.

I'm fairly certain that her hands and feet have shed - and nothing got stuck (I was a bit anxious that something might get stuck)

I'll try and get some pics later on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been spraying her with water and gave her a couple of baths every couple of days.

A small piece shed off a few days a go but nothing else has happened.

I'm getting worried - what should I be doing? other than the water...

Is it ok to wait till she sheds next? :-?

go easy on water/mist, want environment dry. i mist if i see theyre about to shed but havent bothered recently and seem ok.

never seen this before and given the water hasnt helped. Prob best to follow what LA has mentioned and just leave it until next shed.

wouldnt recommend rubbing or peeling skin off, let them do what they do. As long as its eating well then it should shed completely next time around.

Yeah - when I mist or she gets a bath she goes over to the heat lamp straight away to dry off. And I take the water out. (i'm a bit paranoid when it comes to leaving lots of water in an enclosure, I had a finch drown many years ago when I left the bath in over night. Never will do that again)

She's eating just like she always has :)

Yeah - when I mist or she gets a bath she goes over to the heat lamp straight away to dry off. And I take the water out. (i'm a bit paranoid when it comes to leaving lots of water in an enclosure, I had a finch drown many years ago when I left the bath in over night. Never will do that again)

She's eating just like she always has :)

I usually take them out to mist, but sometimes spray mist on the glass to get them to drink - being motion sensitive they see the water running down and drink :)

• 1 month later...

Good news!

Yesterday she started shedding again - this time she was really proactive and rubbed herself on everything in the enclosure. She did most of her shed yesterday. And today she shed her tail. That was the bit that didn't shed last time. I now have 2 tail shaped sheds to prove it 8)

I think the difference was that last time there wasn't anything rough for her, but now theres a large bit of wood & some fake leaves that she was using.