Aarons First Marine setup Journal – Lots of PHOTOS

ar-photography

the clown will eventually annoy the torch to death, LPS dont really appreciate the clowns attentions.....

Hey PP so what’s my best option do I sell off the coral or do I just keep an eye on it? So far the coral looks fine and is always fully extended. It’s only the male clown that plays in the coral and is not in there constantly. I’m hoping to get an anemone in the new year do you think the coral will be ok till then?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

50ltr NSW change this weekend corals loved it all inflated and looking lovely. Gave the full thank a good scrubbing and also cleaned the debris out of the sump.

But this morning found my Cleaner shrimp dead, now to start he was pretty big when I got him so am thinking he was just old. ? . ?

On the other hand when I pulled him from the tank he seemed to be stuck in his shell shedding, I have also cut my feeding back to every 2nd day and frozen on the weekend.

Water...

Calc: 480

Mag: 1440

kH: 10

SG: 1.026

pH: 8.4

Temp: 25-26 deg

A few update photos:

Old skimmer / very old picture

mg3263.jpg

New skimmer

mg1214.jpg

mg1216x.jpg

Full tank shot

mg1218.jpg

Just came across and read this whole thread...

Awesome to see the marine set up from start to finish... sorry for the blip you had in the middle with the loss of fish, you always wonder if you could have done something different to prevent the deaths.

And fantastic photos throughout this thread... really helps to get people involved I find :)

Well done, and great looking tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Phosban is installed and looking good, quality of the reactor seems really good.

I have added 100g of the phos remover, im running the reactor on a vivaqua 480 pump @ 80ltr/s as recommended in the instructions. Lets see how it goes :113.gif:

mg2183.jpg

mg2187f.jpg

Was happy to come home and find my female clown has found the anemone the male is still unsure its really funny watching her try and push him into the nem.

mg2201.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you can't journey in aquatics/fishkeeping without a journey of UPs :wink: and hopefully only a few down/losses :dead%fish :cry:

Can't say I really want to keep marines, I guess that is the 'green' side of me, would rather not take from wild populations.

Anyway, nice tank, good coral growth and some nice macro shots. Good effort 8)