vodafone

Barrie

I have my email through ihug!

in the last two months I have had outages on at least 10 days!

Yesterdays started inbetween 7am and 11 am and was still out at 9pm last night!

Im pleased they havnt knocked telecom about their XT outages

Hi there. I too have my email through Ihug- now sold to Vodafone.

I had a wireless router and when rang to get the tecno's to help me out they said my router was too old (approx 5 years old) to fix, they sent me a new one and things are just ticking along nicely. Fingers crossed.

I wonder if its the old settings, not 100% right with the new systerm.

If not happy with them and you have a few hours to get through to a person :evil:

keep pestering them until you get the service we used to have.

Good luck. I was out for 3 weeks,I was having sever withdrawls.

when I phoned yesterday an automated message said some were having problems sending and recieving.

My wireless router at work is very up to date as I installed a new one about 2pm yesterday so cant be that

It seems to effect just some users which was the same problem telecom had with their XT problems

Our ihug email seems to be ok, I have got the impression that although you are now vodafone customers ex ihug customers seem to be treated differently..

Our only issue with the ihug email was the web based browser was so slow, but we realized it was our fault as we had been using outlook and not deleting any emails off there so there was like 4000 emails it had to load every time we used it..

I'm on nomal Vodafone, and haven't had an outage. It used to get pretty slow because some people overseas were trying to get into the system and it was sending pings back????

( I have no idea, that's what my dad said when he fixed it) but now it's invisible so it doesn't ping back so they can't see it and stop trying.

We have vodaphone and the only problem we have is getting the bill out of them before it is overdue. We get around that by looking it up on the internet and transfering the money electronically.

we get ours sent via email, maybe that would work better for you?

So just to clarify, the ihug is not working but internet is? Maybe its a server issue.

I avoid internet provider emails like the plague and just use Gmail. Never had any problems with it and never get junkmail and never miss anyone's legit email because it went to junkmail. Plus emails are stored online so i can access them from anywhere in the world (unlike Outlook)...not sure if you can do this with ihug. Plus its fast and very user-logical.

So just to clarify, the ihug is not working but internet is? Maybe its a server issue.

I avoid internet provider emails like the plague and just use Gmail. Never had any problems with it and never get junkmail and never miss anyone's legit email because it went to junkmail. Plus emails are stored online so i can access them from anywhere in the world (unlike Outlook)...not sure if you can do this with ihug. Plus its fast and very user-logical.

I agree.

Thats why I use Hotmail for my emails.

My Xtra email account was driving me insane by putting most of my emails into junk/spam folder when they were not junk/spam.

And has Aquila stated, it is easy to look at your emails wherever in the world you may decide to look at them.

I agree.

Thats why I use Hotmail for my emails.

My Xtra email account was driving me insane by putting most of my emails into junk/spam folder when they were not junk/spam.

And has Aquila stated, it is easy to look at your emails wherever in the world you may decide to look at them.

And how would that look like for my company

Personally, I dont take seriously accounts like hotmail, yahoo and gmail when the user is asking for prices

They never get my best prices... ever

I am recieving mail but still cant send

I personally don't respect/take seriously companies that use accounts like xtra.co.nz or ihug.co.nz for their business any MORE then i would respect gmail or hotmail. I would highly recommend you buy a domain for your company. It is a sound and professional investment. Eg. you could be [email protected] (or whatever your company/website is). It is not too expensive, and the beautiful thing is that you can then link your domain name into gmail, thus all you email will be sent and received from a web-based email service like gmail (if that is the one you chose). So instead of people getting business emails from you from [email protected] it would arrive from [email protected] but you would be accessing it right through gmail.

This is what my partner does for both his companies.

Personally, I dont take seriously accounts like hotmail, yahoo and gmail when the user is asking for prices

Remind me never to ask you for a quote for something then.

If thats how you judge customers.

Anyway, back on topic, In this day and age of electronics, isnt it expected to have the odd glitch here and there?

In the old days, mail used to get lost just as easily. I remember on my way to work one morning I was held up as a NZ Post truck rolled spilling its load everywher. Im sure there were people who never recieved their mail then. No different now, its just our expectations are so much higher.

Ihug/Vodafone can be accessed via webmail, but once you download the email to your email program b(ie Outlook) it is gone from the mail server. Think there might be a setting somewhere in Outlook to keep a copy on the mail server.

I check my Ihug address from work and wasn't able to get into it at various stages yesterday, but no problems today so far. That said I haven't tried to send anything from it.

Have you tried logging in and sending through the webmail Barrie? https://webmail.vodafone.co.nz

Yeah, but if Barrie is really annoyed with how frequently his current provider is failing him and his business, we can recommend something with a better track record and functionality so he minimizes these problems in the future.

it doesn't matter what company you use for email, you will have issues at some point wether it be ihug, hotmail or what ever.

This is the problem I am referring to. Once you go home and try to re-read those emails you will not have acces to them, they are trapped at work. Outlook is outdated for this reason and incredibly frustrating. Using web-based mail eliminated the need for an extra program and its associated hassle.

Ihug/Vodafone can be accessed via webmail, but once you download the email to your email program b(ie Outlook) it is gone from the mail server. Think there might be a setting somewhere in Outlook to keep a copy on the mail server.

Aquila, My address is barrie at mckoyglass.co.nz

Problem is that I have them all directed through to my private email so I dont need to spend hours on all sorts of different sites

We have 4 businesses with several email adresses.

The voda phone phone number (when you push the tech number) says there is a problem

I also agree about the ihug or xtra addresses (or others)but normally they have a name attached as part of the address.

Problem is that often you get people (compeditors) simply trying to get your price lists so whereas they may well end up with them, you need to make it harder to get them.

I also suppose that it has to do with the type of client you do work for, we dont target small one off customers and the retail market

Thats great :) That email addy is really professional.

Well if ihug keeps giving you trouble, just PM me if you are interested in how to load all your business accounts onto gmail and I can help explain further.

Aquila, My address is barrie at mckoyglass.co.nz

Problem is that I have them all directed through to my private email so I dont need to spend hours on all sorts of different sites

We have 4 businesses with several email adresses.

The voda phone phone number (when you push the tech number) says there is a problem

I also agree about the ihug or xtra addresses (or others)but normally they have a name attached as part of the address.

Problem is that often you get people (compeditors) simply trying to get your price lists so whereas they may well end up with them, you need to make it harder to get them.

I also suppose that it has to do with the type of client you do work for, we dont target small one off customers and the retail market

This is the problem I am referring to. Once you go home and try to re-read those emails you will not have acces to them, they are trapped at work. Outlook is outdated for this reason and incredibly frustrating. Using web-based mail eliminated the need for an extra program and its associated hassle.

Outlook is outdated because you haven't spent 5 seconds googling how to make it do what you want? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx Click on the + next to pop 3.

No its outdated because I use it at work and its makes everything more complicated then it has to be. And it still doesn't have certain functions that I find useful even after its many upgrades. I've spent lots of time having to look up how to do certain things because its either illogical to figure it out quickly yourself or it can't do it at all. After how many years did they FINALLY make it possible to NOT store email on a computer?

Outlook is outdated because you haven't spent 5 seconds googling how to make it do what you want? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx Click on the + next to pop 3.