Spider ID please.

phoenix44

Yeah... I know I know.

That is what people always tell me but I'm not buying it with these big suckers.

They always seem to try to end up on my face. No one believes me :x

yeah. i think he is more scared of us that we are of him.

maybe not you milena. :lol:

your not the only one that doesnt like spiders Aquilam_11 - my wife cant stand the sight of any sort of spiders - i showed her a picture of one of those that were posted a while back with the huge body and she almost killed me :roll:

sometimes i come home from work and theres a cup sitting upside down on the floor - i get closer to it and find the smallest daddy long legs in there - now our daughter is just as bad with anything that is not a cat or human :evil:

I get similar spiders in my bedroom. When it rains more come inside :o I took my cats into my room last night so they could look out for the spiders!

We also get hunter spiders but they don't both me any more. Hopefully i'll get used to the big black ones.

Seriously guys...I'm not impressed. NZ was not suppose to have spiders like this when I decided to move here!

Spiders and me are not friends. :evil:

I have a pic of a 'giant' spider that was in my shower one night but its on my bf's cell phone...I will try to get it. I think its the same one that came in about a month earlier and was sitting on a pile of clothes next to the laundry basket... The third time he comes in will be the last time :evil:

Hi everyone,

I found a spider in my room this morning, then turned the place upside down to catch it because i was convinced it was big enough to harm a bird :lol:

What is it? best to know before I think of a name for it.

DSC08394Small.jpg

DSC08395Small.jpg

DSC08396Small.jpg

It is a male Dolomedes spider - absolutely harmless native. The females are considerably plumper. Just carry it gently outside and put it under some leaves. If you piss about with it too long it will die of stress.