Cherrie Barbs Questions

mcrudd

Hi there, I have read what I could on the web about cherrie barbs and they seem to be fine for my tank. However I thought that longfin zebra danio's would be great and they turned out very sickly dying for no reason while my other fish thrived. So I would like to hear your opinions whether cherrie barbs are good breeds or whether they are bred so bad like the longfin danio's that they give more problems than pleasure.

Hope my questions make sense, english is not my first language so please excuse the grammar and spelling :oops:

I am sorry if you guys did not understand my question above. Reasontly I told you guys about my longfin danio's that are sickly and many said it was because of breeding that they were sickly, and you guys suggested to rather get the shortfin danio's in future since they are bred better. Now I would just like to know if cherrie barbs are the same. Are they overbred or will they make good tank mates for the rest of my fish?

Hi Melanie,

I've found the cherry barbs I've had to be hardy - in fact they bred in my tank and I got quite a few new fish from them.

Make sure you get a group of at least 5 and it's better to have more females than males.