Perks

Caryl

Grant often comes home with homemade goodies, fruit and/or veg from grateful clients. His favourites are the "seasonal cake" he gets from a Jehovah's Witness client (who doesn't celebrate Christmas so she makes a seasonal cake instead :lol: ) and a genuine Dutch apple pie my friend makes when he fixes her laptop.

Today I came home to find several bags of venison and mutton sausages on the doorstep (well, in the hot water cupboard beside the doorstep to be accurate. People leave stuff in there or pick stuff up. Couriers know to leave parcels there if we aren't home too).

An ex neighbour I bumped into said he had shot 3 deer the other day so he would drop off some venison for us if Grant would have a look at his computer. Daughter's partner has been deer shooting too so has a roast for us.

Then when Grant got home he showed me the goodies he was given after doing a job at Makana Chocolates - choc dipped macadamia shortbread and caramel popcorn. The popcorn is very more-ish so I looked at the ingredients list...

Sugar, popcorn, corn syrup, butter, macadamia nuts, brown sugar, baking soda, lecithin, vanilla.

Hmm, I wonder if it is healthy? I am sure it is fat free! :bounce:

There is still an unopened box of truffles in the fridge from the last time he did a job there 8)

The popcorn is very more-ish so I looked at the ingredients list...

Sugar, popcorn, corn syrup, butter, macadamia nuts, brown sugar, baking soda, lecithin, vanilla.

Hmm, I wonder if it is healthy? I am sure it is fat free! :bounce:

Probably not so much given that the 1st, 3rd and 6th ingredients are sugar and the 4th ingredient is fat. The rest are harmless though...

It is fridge benefits :wink:

Nuts are good fat so OK and I am sure corn syrup and brown sugar are healthy sugars so OK too 8)

I don't avoid sugar bdspider, I make sure I eat it all at once so it is not there to tempt me any more :wink:

Most of the popcorn has gone. It was too sweet to eat all at once though I tried my best! :lol:

It is fridge benefits :wink:

Nuts are good fat so OK and I am sure corn syrup and brown sugar are healthy sugars so OK too 8)

I don't avoid sugar bdspider, I make sure I eat it all at once so it is not there to tempt me any more :wink:

Most of the popcorn has gone. It was too sweet to eat all at once though I tried my best! :lol:

Corn syrup is generally claimed to be more unhealthy than plain sugar. And brown sugar is essentially sugar before the molasses is removed from it. Many are just sugar with molasses added to it. So, similar unhealthyness.

Gimme some sugar, baby... :lol:

2348689710_09b1016164.jpg