Lets see some of your BIG tanks 600L+

Fruju

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it isn't the cost - it is having the space to put it!

got the same problem in our house, the 6 footer we have is the longest tank we can have.

we can have wider, taller, heavier tanks but we aren't keen on going for a swim if we ever need to pick something up off the bottom of the tank :roll:

The extra width (front to back) means you can do a lot more with the aquascaping and get a much deeper look.

I do not want monster fish in my 6ft (I don't like big fish and hate seeing them in aquariums). I want torpedo barbs and perhaps congo tetras to start, with some hoplos in the bottom.

This big enough?

DSC05262Medium.jpg

Horizontal or vertical doesn't matter, so long as there is plenty of open swimming space and nothing sharp they can damage themselves on if they get spooked.

I can fit my whole body in side there David :lol: :lol:

My pet hate on trade me is people who have the heading *HUGE TANK FOR SALE* and you go in and it a 200-300ltr.....pahhh, they wouldn't know huge if it fell on them....

Agreed, if only they could put a length/volume in the title, it would save having to view so many auctions!

I saw one for an 18 litre tank that said something like "huge tank" in the title, I left a comment saying "the bucket I use for doing water changes is bigger than your tank, and my tanks aren't huge by a long shot!"

haha thats a good one :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i agree

when i used to look for tanks, i would type in LARGE or HUGE on TM

many comes up as 200 to 400 lol

baby tanks!

so i had to browse all of them lol

awhiel back, there was a 4000 litre tank i think, with steel frames and was on a forklift

recent pics of my fishies.

http://picasaweb.google.com/richardvanw ... irectlink#

let me know if you get problems. friend of mine took photos and posted here.

the american tiger i got the same time as david - but when i got it , i fed 3 times a day every day as much as it could consume for 6 months:D

now a big daddy! with a oddball pattern.

Yeah, he used to be shy, now he rushes up to the glass to see me :bow: Eats very well, but still hard to photograph, hes about 3inches now. Sens are growing QUICK, rate of growth is very good, prob wont sell the guy who is biggest atm, very endearing. Hey, I checked out a version of the senegal bichir on the net; turkana senegal bichir grows to 20inch, same colour as a sen/dark grey and has the head of a delhezi = so cool.