Lets see some of your BIG tanks 600L+

Fruju

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This big enough?

DSC05262Medium.jpg

Horizontal or vertical doesn't matter, so long as there is plenty of open swimming space and nothing sharp they can damage themselves on if they get spooked.

Hmmm yeah, maybe just a tad too small :wink: whose the ugly guy behind it, ruined the pic :lol: jokes. Man, will look sweet when set up, have fun with that :bow:

that is an 8x3x2 tank!

Mine or aquaplod?

Mine is 2400 long, 977 wide and 630 high, so a fraction shorter and wider than an 8x3x2.

And Frazer the ugly guy was pretty much over it after getting a days notice that the tank was ready a week earlier and having to build a stand, move a 3' and 4' tank out of the way, and sort out delivery etc in under 24 hours!

Mine or aquaplod?

Mine is 2400 long, 977 wide and 630 high, so a fraction shorter and wider than an 8x3x2.

And Frazer the ugly guy was pretty much over it after getting a days notice that the tank was ready a week earlier and having to build a stand, move a 3' and 4' tank out of the way, and sort out delivery etc in under 24 hours!

Damn! hate it when stuff like that happens, puts you under pressure when all you want to do is enjoy putting it together, hope it all went well.

More pics of your monster setups guys!

Hmmm yeah, maybe just a tad too small :wink: whose the ugly guy behind it, ruined the pic :lol: jokes. Man, will look sweet when set up, have fun with that :bow:

man that's awesome really hope it goes well :bow:

i agree with Fraser bit small for my liking you could have got bigger :lol: :hail:

Would have to have gone DIY if I was going bigger, seriously considered it too, the cost of thicker glass for a longer/wider tank would have been massive. One day I'll do a massive concrete block tank, but for the time being we're not planning on being in this house for more than 10 years at the most, so didn't want to do anything quite so permanent.

A few more pics, too big to post here so you'll have to click the link. :roll:

810L

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... 1243068930

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... 1242029444

630L

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... 1243068930

looks empty, must have been an old photo!

Nice David, still think you should keep the aro, he looks sweet as, nice as driftwood, never cool stuff in the shops, tried putting wood from the garden in, either doesn't float, leaches tannins or gets this slimy layer on it, ideas on how to stop this? All I know about it is to soak it for ages/attach to a heavy rock, let tannins leach out over a while. You not a fan of the plants David? Anyone with good large planted setups?

tried putting wood from the garden in, either doesn't float, leaches tannins or gets this slimy layer on it, ideas on how to stop this?

Boil it. I have an old laundry tub that can be put up on a bbq and just leave it boiling till it sinks. Or in a pot if it is a small bit

Just keep removing the slimy layer, or get a few ottos they seems to like it :D eventually it will go away

Nice David, still think you should keep the aro, he looks sweet as, nice as driftwood, never cool stuff in the shops, tried putting wood from the garden in, either doesn't float, leaches tannins or gets this slimy layer on it, ideas on how to stop this? All I know about it is to soak it for ages/attach to a heavy rock, let tannins leach out over a while. You not a fan of the plants David? Anyone with good large planted setups?
you mean doesn't sink right? ;)

and when you say large planted set up how large are you talking?

Just keep removing the slimy layer, or get a few ottos they seems to like it :D eventually it will go away

you mean doesn't sink right? ;)

and when you say large planted set up how large are you talking?

ottos wouldn't last 5min with my preds, could try Bn's i suppose, the pleco i have poops WAY too much :o :lol:

My bad, meant it floats/doesnt sink :lol:

Ideally planted tanks 500L+ significant planted setup, not say a 50L tank with a few shrubs.

Poop is a problem with some big plecos, but my ~12cm royal makes way more "sawdust" from rasping at the wood than poo! Clogs the filter wool up really fast, I'd hate to think whats going to happen when he's 30cm, I probably won't have any wood left!

The other day I was looking at a German guys website who sets up professional aquariums, and had done many several-thousand-litre planted tanks, one with a big school of red bellied piranhas! Was an amazing site, I can't remember where I found the link though. :x

aquaplod. its a really awesome tank!

Did all my yellows survive Jill?

Yep all the yellows are happy as. I think I have about 25 in there now. Just about to put 10 Giraffes in that I got from Ryan too. I want to take the Ice blues and sofocoli and hybrids out though as they are getting too bossy.