Apisto Hongsloi

Adrienne

I've got 11 tanks

1 x discus planted (they spawn but the fry get eaten or go up the filter), has 2 pairs of discus + 2 spares, 3 choco zebra, 1 tiger and 1 king tiger + 15 sterbai (they lay frequently), about 20 rummynose, 3 sae, 2 bn and a couple of hatchets

1 x bolivian ram/maccus/bn tank (4ft)

1 x spotted bn tank (with a few fighters) (3ft)

1 x longfin bn tank (3ft)

1 x bolivian ram growout tank

1 tank for the new lot of bolivian ram fry

1 x apisto tank

4 x fighter tanks (all 4ft tanks)

+ 5 breeding tanks not currently in use

I need some more stands!

I've got 11 tanks

1 x discus planted (they spawn but the fry get eaten or go up the filter), has 2 pairs of discus + 2 spares, 3 choco zebra, 1 tiger and 1 king tiger + 15 sterbai (they lay frequently), about 20 rummynose, 3 sae, 2 bn and a couple of hatchets

1 x bolivian ram/maccus/bn tank (4ft)

1 x spotted bn tank (with a few fighters) (3ft)

1 x longfin bn tank (3ft)

1 x bolivian ram growout tank

1 tank for the new lot of bolivian ram fry

1 x apisto tank

4 x fighter tanks (all 4ft tanks)

+ 5 breeding tanks not currently in use

I need some more stands!

WOW :o

• 1 month later...

As some of you are aware I lost my male hongsloi about 4-5 weeks ago. He went very quiet and developed a woolly growth under one eye. Died within 24 hours, too early for the furan treatment to kick in.

I managed to locate a replacement male, due to the kind offer from another forum member and he arrived about 10 days ago from the South Island.

However, two days ago the female became very quiet, and when she did swim she swam right into everything (I believe she had gone blind very suddenly). Despite starting furan the moment I noticed it, last night she too died.

:cry:

Heres the pictures of the pair I collected from HFF yesterday. They are coming out in the tank and as long as you don't make a sudden move they stay. The male is shaking at the female but she just runs a mile atm :D

apistomale2.jpg

apistofemale.jpg

apistomaleandfemale.jpg

my friend is being annoying and want me to say that she thought that your 1st pic was a leg

Gutted Adodge really sorry to hear about that, thats apistos for you aye :(

Joe really gutted about the Tri's too they were a beautiful pair.. There is a guy in Christchurch breeding them from the same importation batch though so fingers crossed they get out there from him.

I lost my BEAUTIFUL pair of Apistogramma trifasciata when I had a freak columnaris

Sorry to hear this they are lovely fish. I would love a chance at a pair of these.

Did you confirm it was columnaris that killed it?

Did you confirm it was columnaris that killed it?

It was the only thing wrong in my tank. The water conditions were perfect, and the water was crystal clear. I was only told it was columnaris AFTER everything was killed. I only have 3 Golden Bristlenoses and 5 Kitty Tetras (Hyphessobrycon heliacus) left from that tank. Apart from the tri's, I also lost HEAPS of Flags including my breeding pair, most of my Kitty Tetras, a Kuhli Loach, and 5 beautiful Hemigrammopetersius caudalis (Yellow-tailed Congo Tetra). I really want some more trifasciata. The ones at Redwoods were the normal ones, as there are many subspecies, all which are slightly different and have shorter dorsal fins (which I don't like. That's why I prefer normal tri's. Also they have a nicer blue.) and some have red/purple colouring. I bags any trifasciata at Redwoods (or anywhere else if they are nice fish) when I go down to Christchurch for conference!