Best pumpkin pie recipe in the world

Jennifer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jennifers permission I'm going to try her famous pumpkin pie in the cafe tomorrow. The buttercup got roasted this arvo and will be ready for action tomorrow morning :)

:bounce: Now I don't have to bake one anymore, I can just pop over to Ben's cafe!!

My daughter worked for a family in the US and she said they had 24 different cereals in their pantry! None of them healthy ones - all laden with sugar.

The pie competition idea for conference isn't silly either :wink:

Oh, I would only get the cereals with little or no sugar. Mmm, CornChex, GrapeNuts, Life, Kix, RiceCrispies, Cheerios, RaisinBran.... some are available here now but it is the culture of having cereal as a snack that I miss. It was so comforting somehow.

I would love to have a pie competition (all flavours welcome) but we might be limited in who can bake (unless you have a stove in your motel room). :D

I can eat! :D

Great! We need plenty of tasters. Just need a few more bakers now...

I roasted my pumpkin yesterday. will make any excuse to go to town today...MUST get that sweetened condensed milk!!

Woohoo!! Let us know how it turns out... I am drooling at the thought. :roll:

001.jpg

OK, so I forgot to put foil around the edges & it got a little brown.... but Mmmmmmmmmmmm it was so good. WAS being the operative word... :D

I will have to keep SC milk in the pantry from now on ( that could be dangerous!)

It is so much better than the evap milk versions!

Also, I started buying whole nutmeg nuts at BinnInn last year, and just freshly grate it when needed. Do try it; the flavour & aroma is amazing and was so good in this pie.

Jennifer, :bow:

THANKS for the recipe! * humming it to the tune of thanks for the memories..... :lol: *

• 3 months later...

Here's what they look like in little tiny tart crusts. I'll have to try bigger ones next time though, these are about 2 bites sized...

*Edit* What do you mean it must be less than 645 pixels wide? It's 600, you douchebag messageboard program! Fine, I'll resize it....

pieletssmall.jpg

:o:o:o

Whoa......those look amazing!!! :hail:

Are they good? Or perhaps I should have said: Were they good? :D

I hope you saved some for breakfast, they are superb cold out of the fridge...cool creamy, spicy custard....mmmmm

Yes, they were good. One mix makes about 36 of them. So I was eating one or two every time I walked past the freezer for a couple weeks. Need a bit higher filling to crust ratio, though. Otherwise you end up with the crust dominating the flavor.