New Bumble Bee Goby Set-up

JarrenB

Thats a very cute tank :)

Did you buy the gobies already brackish?

Yes & no, the shop said they add a tiny ammount of salt to keep them happy (there tank was 100L with 3 tea spoons of salt) I worked it out and dosed my tank to the same ratio. But with such a little ammount I would be surprised if it makes any diference at all. :-?

Yes & no, the shop said they add a tiny ammount of salt to keep them happy (there tank was 100L with 3 tea spoons of salt) I worked it out and dosed my tank to the same ratio. But with such a little ammount I would be surprised if it makes any diference at all. :-?

3 teaspoons isn't enough. To make it brackish with 10l you'll need somewhere in the region of half a cup. That should give you a specific gravity of somewhere around 1.010. I think bumble bee gobies like 1.010-1.005?

they arent too fussy in regards to salinity just make sure it doesnt go too much over 1.010 and it you set it at that make sure to top up the tank as the salt dosent get evaporated and the tank will get saltier