Planted Tanks

Lucid

Ok, here's the tank 2.5 months on. It's just had a massive prune so the light can get in again. The extra gravel hasn't arrived yet so it's still not in it's final form. At the front left the Glossostigma is growing very well. It's spreading pretty quickly. On the front right, the Tenelus is going ok but it's been sulking a bit...

Old Photo

Tank20122004.jpg

New Photo

PostTank20050307.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking very nice there warren

myself and bobbie have still yet too arrange a time to pop around and have a look at your tank!

have been meaning too for awhile, we'll get there one day

and also, we must organise that trip to taupo with gary sometime aswell (sorry offtopic :oops: )

it's good to see more people using plants in there tanks, creating that "natural" look so to speek.

recently replanted bobbie's 3ft neon tank, running ro water, planted with a couple of grasses, shouldn't be too long before the tank is covered completely

now awaiting some part's for my 4ft, still yet to decide which "theme" to go for, think i might stick with the amazon for now

but we will see!

will post photo's up when we have the chance

~hamsh

Cool, you're welcome any time...

We've got the tank crawl next weekend (at least I think it's next weekend) so good a time as any... I'm entering in it this year just for a laugh. A lot of the HB members have already seen it but there are quite a few new people this year. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout.

It is! I've been keeping discus and growing plants for 10+ years and still learning. I'm not very creative but can grow plants well. Not a good combination for getting things looking natural. Starting to get the hang of it at last. Mr Amano better look out, in about another 50 years I'll catch up... 8)

• 1 month later...

What would you guys consider a healthy amount of lighting?

For my new tank (going on the assumption it's 430-something litres), and if I go on the 0.5w per litre line of thought, I'm going to need over 200W!! :o:o:o

Now, 216 / 1000 * 0.1391 (cost per kWh) = $0.03 per hour... At 10 hours per day, that's $0.30 per day, Multiplied by 30 days, it's an extra $9 per month on the lighting alone...

Include the heaters (which admittedly aren't running very often at present), and the filter ...