Project tank final layout

fordayzbro

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ember tetras are great. I have some with a trio of sparling gourami on my desk and I just love their interactions. Celestial pearl danios are nice too, as are tinwini danios - they look great in a group of 20 or more. Really nice.

When growing hairgrass I find it very helpful to have some ground scavengers on board, otherwise all the muck gets caught up in it, not pretty at all IMHO.

Small update

9 moss stones made up, keeping them in shallow tray with lights on for 8 hours per day 'til I've sourced all the plants.

Picking up a cabinet tomorrow which will need some extra bracing added and some holes drilled.

Also waiting for an adaptor to arrive from Aus, there has been a delay on that so it may not get delivered until next week :cry:

All going well I should be able to fill the tank up this weekend to test for leaks :o

So close now... :bounce:

Tragedy!

Smashed my inflow lily pipe to pieces :oops: I'm so disappointed as I was being extra careful. One moment of carelessness and juggling act.... AAAARRRRRRRR!

On the bright side I was worried they were one size to small so I have just ordered a set of 13mm.

I'm still fiddling about drilling holes in the cabinet and mounting a multi-plug etc. Also need to work on keeping my sodastream bottle upright.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!

2 packages arrived this morning, 13mm lily pipes and a sodastream adaptor. :)

DSC_1311.jpg

These pipes seem to be made of thicker glass that the pipe I broke recently.

The Co2 will be running at about a bubble a second so not sure how long the sodastream bottle will last for. I may look at getting a bigger gas bottle later and use the sodastream as a back-up.

I'll be looking for plants over the next week :bounce:

is that it?

:o

and its $10 each time to refill yea?

I'm just being negative :wink: It' $10 a fill. :o

I really don't know how long it will last.... I live close to a Farmers so it's easy for me to get replacements as I'm crazy busy at work.

I'll look at getting a bigger bottle at some stage, just need to find a good supplier for the gas.

So happy to finally have it all running.... The regulator is awesome, so easy to adjust the bubble rate.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

is that Java Moss?

It looks similar to what MaoriPhoenix has done with riccia (?) in his thread. it looks really good.

It was bought as xmas moss but turned up as java moss :-?

You can do the same with moss and riccia, very easy to do :wink: