bearded dragon gender?

melrick1

This is a pic of my new bearded dragon, hoping someone could advise on sex just so I can be sure.

Put in with my male and was submissive and all going well. It started head bobbing today and acting a bit ‘male like’ lol.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww14 ... C01981.jpg

Sorry about pic quality, any insight would be great

had them out the other day and looked like joef mounted (new one) god I hope its a female for feofs sake hahaha :o

The pics I got of it when I was buying looked def female but its hard to tell with them ay.

Will take to Reptilz on Sat and see what they think

Indeed my thoughts exactly, and they are sitting nicely in their tank together. He def keen on getting ontop of (her?) but as for mating I thought they would have to go linked up and okward, rather than bang bang... :o

I have raised him well lol

Bang bang lol. Generally he bites her neck and holds her, so she submits. He sits for a bit then wiggles tail and lifts hers, they sort of lock, then the male pretty much appears to fall asleep for a bit (upto a minute i suppose). Then he wakes up and moves on :lol:

Can happen just like that, but can also seem like they just arnt compatible at times. Some i just havent been able to get to successfully mate. Could be a number of reasons but I dunno. All i do know is its not always as easy as just having a male + female = hatchlings :-?

lol yeh, well turns out shes actually a he... the pics I had before I got him looked so much like a female and the woman at the reptile store in TA thought the same. But when you see him in real life hes a he. Lovely boy and gets on with the other one so no biggy.

So still on the look out for a female lol

bummer man, im contemplating selling my female bd. but straight up I'll want top dollar to justify selling her.

shes in her prime, didnt breed/lay until 3 years old (this season) and that seems to make a huge difference to clutch size. Expect 15-18 if bred at 2 years old. This girl produces around 24-28 per clutch. Just need to brumate now and then get a male over her and your in the biz. :lol: