March 1, 201016 yr comment_358132 Hi could some one tell me what i have to do to use Decapsulated Brine Shrimp for my fry. Have before always hatched fresh, so thought i'd give these a try Thanks Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358133 I just sprinkle it on the surface, others soak it before feeding out. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358134 I always soak it for 10 - 15 minutes before feeding it out. It swells quite a bit so it pays to have it swell up before its inside the baby fish. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358258 Go easy on the amount you use as if its not eaten it quickly fouls the tank. Some fry don't eat it initially, especially those who prefer the live food when newly hatched as they need the movement to encourage them to chase and catch it. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358261 other than taking the easy way out, why would you not want to feed live food to your fish? Live food will encourage fry to feed plus the BBS will live for quite a while after you put it in the tank so it stays fresh. I have 1 level tsp per 4 litres in my tanks but I have seen the odd BBS still swimming 24 hours after feeding Report
March 10, 201016 yr comment_360301 http://www.angelsplus.com/ArticleDecap.htm is well worth a look. I feed my fry decap at 4pm being there last feed of the day. I pre-soak for 2 min as it will swell 35%..best in the spoon rather than in them. they will graze on the decap on the bottom of the tank all night until there is none in the morning. they do look like a small flock of sheep grazing on the bottom. D Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.