AUCKLAND FISHROOM OWNERS BEWARE!

Adrienne

Wow, that's crazy. You're fish are very nice so I'm not surprised people want them. I've been to your setup once, a mission and a half just getting in there :lol: I don't know how burglars would do it? :-?

(

Not too hard once you've already been there. Bad luck if the matrix security catches you but then again ... they don't ever catch the boys out of bed at nights - thats me that does that :lol:

this is justifiably why zebra plec owners keep hem on the down low.

Hopefully it doesn't end up like the tortoise/reptile situation, at least fish are a little harder to steal. I've never even added up the total cost of livestock in my fishroom, but it would be well into the thousands. Might have to talk to the insurance company....

I send a limited amount to the petshops (when they ask) but by doing this it restricts them to only local buyers or those more experienced fishkeepers who have the knowledge to source and arrange to have them sent. By selling another way it distributes the fish through the country but as I was already aware, it opens up your homes to strangers.

Anyway, now I'm just trying to get a replacement girl (or two) sent.

This does not surprise me. Has happened twice in Christchurch since xmass. Although at one they stole phone and laptop from fish room not fish.

I had two lots of trademe customers come to my house and buy fish to tell me they only wanted the fish to breed and sell for profit. I laughed and said what profit. But I bet that is the idea in the head of your dirty sneak thieve Adodge. As a locksmith I feel I can say if people see something as having monetary worth then they will steal it. Also more people are committing crime now days unfortunately I see this on the rise as cost of living goes up.

I finally sold all my fish I breed for less to shops and was much happier and less paranoid for it.

So sorry to hear what has happened adoge. :oops:

As has been said before CHCH has had two since Christmas, (break ins).

Due to this reason I make people stand at door no entry to house for fish purchased.

Sorry state but you never know who you can trust these days. Its so sad because many are in the new stages of fish keeping and viewing others tanks gives ideas.

It's a tremendous shame that people have to steal from other fish keeper/breeders it ruins it for everyone as people will be less open and not let others view their tank(s), I personally will be more aware and selective of who I allow into my house. No wonder people are inclined to sell to pet stops or post their fish out directly to the buyer.

People should also be cautious when lending their fish for breeding. I have heard of several events where a person had borrowed fish and refused to give them back, the law got involved and the strangely enough the person who stole the fish got away 'scott-free'.