New Zealand Native Freshwater Fish For Aquariums

coelacanth

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/821452

brand new book out, "New Zealand Native Freshwater Fish For Aquariums". Its great to see a book like this finally out -- and most importantly one that has been written by someone (David Cooper) who actually knows what he's talking about, has all the relevant experience, and who is well-regarded by the scientific fish community in NZ. Well worth buying for anyone out there who keeps natives.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to take your advise but apparently there's a high chance I'm a moron so I probably won't.

Well I'll take your word for your likely inclusion in the percentage. It would however suggest that reading the book would be a step forward for you, whereas deciding NOT to read it on the basis of your claimed lack of mental acuity is just keeping you at said point.

By the way, here's a hint: I assume you simply spelled "advice" incorrectly, rather than using the word "advise" in an erroneous fashion. Spell-check - or a dictionary if you have one - does go at least some way to hiding that you're within the percentage ;)

Sorry, we're all out of troll food :)

definition of the word "troll" from Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

the topic of the thread (i.e. the new book which has been recently published) is appropriate for the forum. It has been other members who have taken the thread off-topic based on my personal signature which had nothing to do with the thread's subject. You may note that there has not been a single post on the actual topic of the thread....

I do apologise if my spelling mistake confused you coelacanth. I'm sure 99% of the members here got my meaning despite your opinion of them.

as 99% of the members cannot spell themselves, I'd quite agree that based on their own abilities they would certainly have "got [your] meaning" as you so colloquially phrased it. However I'm not so sure why you believe that your own poor spelling skills left me in a state of confusion, as I quite clearly gave you benefit of doubt in assuming you knew the correct word to use but could not spell it. Perhaps reading as well as spelling lessons are in order for you?

the topic of the thread (i.e. the new book which has been recently published) is appropriate for the forum. It has been other members who have taken the thread off-topic based on my personal signature which had nothing to do with the thread's subject. You may note that there has not been a single post on the actual topic of the thread....

the aforesaid book looks like it will make interesting reading

the thread was indeed taken off topic because of your original sig but marklb did mention the book in his original post

the thread was then kept off topic by your response and subsequent replies

Well I'll take your word for your likely inclusion in the percentage. It would however suggest that reading the book would be a step forward for you, whereas deciding NOT to read it on the basis of your claimed lack of mental acuity is just keeping you at said point.

By the way, here's a hint: I assume you simply spelled "advice" incorrectly, rather than using the word "advise" in an erroneous fashion. Spell-check - or a dictionary if you have one - does go at least some way to hiding that you're within the percentage ;)

it is a pity that the original message about the book has been lost in amongst all this by some mental sparring :wink:

on a scientific basis i think a little more than 1% on here can spell properly :D

on a scientific basis i think a little more than 1% on here can spell properly :D

You are kidding me coelacanth, right? Where did you get the statistic 99% from? Yes, I know I shouldn't be feeding the troll but seriously, I cannot ignore that. :evil: