I has a new pleco :D L018

phoenix44

:lol: oh ok then. I think its an L018. Infact im almost certain of it, and can rule out L081 with complete certainty.

Come to think of it, I can also rule out L177 - which is what im actually looking for desperately cause its the only one i really want. That leaves L18 - medium spot. Looks right and the thickness (or thin-ness rather) of the the golden ridge on the fins gives it away for me.

Any corrections or affirmations on ID would be greatly appreciated. :D

I love plecos but am too scared of losing too much money if one died or something :o

so am I :o

At work, can you be like "Ahhh, nah, that's a bristlenose eh... Only $25..." to one of the n00b checkout staff?

:D :lol: I'm the only one who orders any fancy plecos and the more expensive / exotic fish so, no I can't do that. well I could, but wouldn't :lol: Then I have to get them receipted in as well so this is pretty darn hard to pass off as a spotty bristle nose :cry:

price tag is around the $200 mark but you never know, if you LFS doesnt stock that kind of fish you could possibly tempt them to order 1 in at a discounted rate...

Very tricky fish and i miss keeping plecos when i see people pics...

When he gets a bit bigger should be a easier job on ID but he looks nice and healthy and full of colour, nice score.

is that a "queen gold nugget"?? very nice

yeah mate, that's the one. the other nugget is the L81.

My two seem to spend more time sucking the scum of rocks and logs than they do eating prepared foods.

They are much happier now that they are in a larger and have no problem being in with Africans

as long as i see it ill be happy :lol: :D