Should I change the tank around?

phoenix44

I see that L Aromatica is not doin much for you either.

nah. its grown well, but not red. must be some other plant.

Keep the high light plants and replace the rotundifolia with macrandra :lol:

consider it done :D:D :lol:

:o oh is this a shot of after a haircut - you should of taken before and after shots

all that stuff I gave you was basically on the LHS corner (rear) and the hygro was growing at the bottom around the pleco caves.

Ok here's my opinion:

If you wanna completely overhaul your tank I would suggest a finer substrate and better placement of the plants; small at front and large at back instead of big plants everywhere. That would give a nice view of most of the plants you have in the tank. Maybe even cut down on a few species and have larger clumps of the remaining ones?

Anywho those are just my thoughts

OVERHAUL THE TANK? :o:o

I think not. :lol: I can't risk that, and its far too stressful with all the plecos in there, my heart would be palpatating. I just meant, redo a couple of plants, cahnge the varieties and not touching the swords and crypts etc.

My next tank though (eventually) will have daltons sand in it though :D

...better placement of the plants; small at front and large at back instead of big plants everywhere. That would give a nice view of most of the plants you have in the tank. Maybe even cut down on a few species and have larger clumps of the remaining ones?

+1

:wink:

How many liters is your tank,3 ft?

so my plant placement sucks? :o:(

naah. i may do that, but after seeing how big a 4x2x2 tank is I really badly want one! then i can plant it well and be happy as.

It doesnt suck I like the effect it has looks like a jungle 8)

4ft.

like 200 something L, although dixon differs with the calculation :lol: (long standing joke).

lots of plants, lots of catfish, lots of driftwood.

awaiting discus. :D

So your tank will be exactly like mine ... lots of catfish ... lots of discus .. lots of driftwood ... you have lots of plants, i'll have less plants :D so MY fish can actually swim :lol: :lol:

Personally I would have done it completely differently, 'gumi 'scape and such

BUT...

I like how this is. I don't have the skills or knowledge to create something like this, it looks messy and chaotic yet perfect for the fish it's housing and still pleasing to the eye.

Good job 8)

any one have macrandra for sale?

is $28 including shipping too much for 12, 15cm stalks?

I would say so, surely someone on here would send you some clippings (if I had any I would). I can't believe how expensive some of these plants are getting these days..