Longfin bn (pics) + someothers.

Adrienne

I purchased 4 longfin bn this morning to add to my tank. Tried for 2 pair and one appears a lot different to the others so heres hoping. Hope you like the pics

longfinbn2.jpg

longfinbn3.jpg

longfinbn4.jpg

one of the longfin and bn sharing a log

longfinbn6.jpg

my other plecs were being more photogenic this morning so heres some of the pretty peckoltia from the last shipment

pettypeckoltia.jpg

prettypeckoltia3.jpg

and a couple of my spotted bn

spottedbn.jpg

spottedbn2.jpg

Hope you like them, I sure do :D

Yep, everyone to their own :D The pics not that great butI really really like them. I definitely do not do any of the syndonitis (sp?) and the jury is still out about whiptails. There was a mighty scrap amongst the longfins going on at the shop before I bought some of them. Two of them wanted the space between two plastic plants.

I do hope that the peckoltia is a female and that there is at least one male. They are only about 6cm I would think so wouldn't expect them to be breeding size yet (or am I wrong). ATM they are sharing with the spotted bn, two standard bn and the longfin. I am going to clear up two tanks shortly and then split them and also set up a tank for my 3 chocolate zebras.

No offence to anyone who likes them, but I really hope the longfin BN's don't become as prevalent in the BN genepool as the longfin zebra danios. Both look handicapped and its so hard to get strong healthy shortfin zeb danios now. I can see the same thing happening in the bristlenoses in a few years.

i have the long fin zebra danios and they are hardy as ever. absolutely no difference between them and the normals :D

you don't have to worry about longfin genes mixing with normals, i mean the normals are bred in such copious quantities, it won't really make a difference.

no L number. With regards to the marbled I know what you are talking about and couldn't find anything else. The spotted bn (I have 6) have caused a lot of debate on here. The suggestion is that they are Rios but with no proof of where they have been caught the jury is still out.

All I know is that one of them has nearly tripled in size from when I got it (the others are still way smaller) and he is very very territorial and I have just watched him taking on any other plec that gets near him.

This is him

spottedbn.jpg

although he's a lot darker than the pic shows.

they do just explode in size don't they lol.

Yes, well given that no one exactly is sure what they are I will be interested to see when it stops growing. Not only has the growth been explosive it takes off after the other plecs like a bomb!!