January 16, 201016 yr comment_349926 I also agree with the queries about the ID, you name it as F. silvestris catus - aren't these black and white? positive ID of silvestris catus can be confirmed by the teeth having remnants of yellow feathers in them, they also emit bubbles that when they reach the surface and pop the words "suffering soccatash" can be heard Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349928 positive ID of silvestris catus can be confirmed by the teeth having remnants of yellow feathers in them, they also emit bubbles that when they reach the surface and pop the words "suffering soccatash" can be heard *puts hand up next to mouth and whispers to LA* I think Sam may be a bit to young to know what we are going on about? - He is only a young pup, you know. Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349930 I tawt I taw a puddy tat!!! I did! I did taw a puddy tat!!! Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349937 positive ID of silvestris catus can be confirmed by the teeth having remnants of yellow feathers in them, they also emit bubbles that when they reach the surface and pop the words "suffering soccatash" can be heard he caught tweetie Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349945 tweetie is no more he's fallen to the paw gone down that maw and sylvester does gnaw tis a tale of gore that hurt me to the core he used to be to the fore now remembered in folklore from the days of yore Report
January 16, 201016 yr Author comment_349946 *puts hand up next to mouth and whispers to LA* I think Sam may be a bit to young to know what we are going on about? - He is only a young pup, you know. How young do you think I am?! I even remember Yogi Bear, smarter than your average bear Besides, Skylla would never hurt Suds. Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349948 Well, that got a bite! If you are less than half my age you are young... How is Suds - haven't seen any pics lately, and I am sure Bud would appreciate something to oogle at apart from fish Report
January 16, 201016 yr Author comment_349951 If you are less than half my age you are young... Pssh! Suds is fine, loves "talking" to the local birds. Well, it's more of a fast rap Pics to come soon Report
January 16, 201016 yr Author comment_349954 I've had to relocate her due to a change in plans :-? And here's Mr. Suds Report
January 16, 201016 yr Author comment_349956 Thanks LA, he's just on a diet of Budgie/Cockatiel mix and water. He refuses fruit and veges Any ideas? Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349968 the crusts off your toast, sweetcorn, a little broccoli, silverbeet, grass seed heads willow, fruit tree branches to chew on, rose buds, apple cores keep on offering bits as there preference can change as the get older Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349974 Hi Suds!!! 8) Personally, I don't eat anything except bird seed and millet sprays - unless it is on somebody else's plate. If it belongs to someone else, I'll eat it! Particularly fond of biscuits and muesli bars as I like crunchy stuff. Corn and peas are fun. I can fling them quite a distance! :bounce: Caryl gets upset when I pinch the choc chips off her pudding :lol: Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349986 Thanks Bud! 8) Nick says that he's a girl I said it looks like a girl Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_349987 looking at the cere that is a possibility it is hard to pick on pieds with a lot of white around head area as some males in that colour line never develop a blue cere when young it had a pink cere which is an indication of a male and a more outgoing personality than the rest females talk as well just not as much as males, time will tell Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_350000 I thought Suds looked like a girl too but since Bud's cere, which used to be very blue, is now dark brown, who knows? :-? I am worried he might have cancer, like someone suggested Report
January 16, 201016 yr Author comment_350003 I am worried he might have cancer, like someone suggested So sorry to hear that Caryl Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_350008 that is a possibility Caryl it may also be hormonal or the fact that there are no ladies around as well and he doesn't want to breed Report
January 16, 201016 yr comment_350026 I prefer to think it is just hormones. He went through that stage where he was chewing through everything but that has stopped. He still nibbles on the edge of books on the table or chair but only as a "oh look, wonder what this tastes like" and takes a few bites, not the frenzy he was in a few weeks ago where nothing was safe. He is also not feeding inanimate objects or acting like he wants to mate with anything. When the kids were here over Christmas they had their female budgie with them and let her out to play with him but they ignored each other. When they were younger they chased each other all over the place. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.